Reese’s Oreo Chocolate Beer Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Beer Bars are stuffed with Reese’s Oreos and topped with a flavorful beer icing. One bowl, easy to make and ready in under one hour.
Is everyone ready for the weekend? After a stressful week with constant back pain I am more than ready to relax. I have some fun plans, that obviously include food, one of them is finishing these Reese’s Oreo Chocolate Beer Bars that are totally addicting and such a fun treat.
Yesterday, after I got tired of laying in bed for so long (because of my back) I went into the kitchen and looked for a treat, surprisingly there was nothing there. EMPTY! The horror! But I found beer, and I immediately remembered the taste of delicious chocolate beer bars I made a few years ago.
Obviously I couldn’t stop there, I used a light beer to bake these chocolate beer bars and in that case the beer just adds a beautiful texture, a soft, dense and rich crumb. To have a prominent beer flavor in the dessert I made Beer Icing!! Yes, Beer Icing is actually a thing, it tastes delicious and you get the full aroma of beer. If you want to keep the beer flavor into the baked chocolate beer bars you will have to use a very flavorful beer, so its up to you.
The Beer Icing totally makes this dessert even more incredible! My husband was so happy eating these chocolate beer bars since they contain all the things he loves: Oreos that are actually stuffed with peanut butter, chocolate and beer!
- Oreo Reese's Chocolate Bars:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup beer of choice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 Oreo Reese's
- Beer Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of beer of choice
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until combined. Stir in the beer, and oil, I used canola oil.
- Using a spatula, stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
- Pour ⅓ of the batter into a brownie pan that’s been greased or sprayed with baking spray. Top with the Oreos and the rest of the batter. Using a spatula level the top layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before icing.
- In a medium bowl mix powdered sugar and beer one tablespoons at a time, until well combined and no lumps are visible.
- Cut the cake into bars, drizzle with icing and chill until set.