Maggiano’s Meatballs Recipe – Copycat
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Maggiano’s Meatballs recipe is the perfect restaurant style meatballs in the comfort of your home. Serve with marinara sauce and spaghetti.
Maggiano’s Meatballs are my favorite item on the menu at Maggiano’s Little Italy. They are always flavorful and filling, served with tangy marinara sauce over delicious spaghetti, its comfort food at its best. Since I love the Maggiano’s Meatballs so much, but the closest restaurant is a good 40 minutes drive, I decided to try my best and make a homemade version. I must say that I was pleased with how good they tasted.
These Maggiano’s Meatballs were a breeze to make and are now a staple in our home. I went ahead and tried my hand at Maggiano’s Marinara Sauce, that turned out absolutely fabulous. So perfect, tangy, full of flavor and texture from the veggies. I must make a huge batch and just always have it on hand in the fridge.
Can you freeze the Meatballs?
Yes, the Meatballs freeze well. Layer them into an aluminum foil pan, after that wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, and then wrap it in aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 month. To reheat add additional sauce on top and place in the oven at 350F for about 20-30 minutes or until hot.
Maggiano's Meatballs recipe is the perfect restaurant style meatballs in the comfort of your home. Serve with marinara sauce and spaghetti.
- 20 ounces ground beef
- 6-8 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 3/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl combine Parmesan cheese with garlic, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Once combined add the beef, followed by the egg, milk, basil and parsley . Mix well by hand until all the ingredients are well combined. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Form 16 evenly sized meatballs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs on each side for a few minutes, just until browned.
- Transfer meatballs to a baking dish and continue cooking in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.