Lemon Pepper Chicken is zesty and easy to make for dinner with lots of fresh lemon flavor. With just 30 minutes of total prep and cook time, this dish will be the new staple in your household.
Best Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Lemon Pepper Chicken is the new go-to chicken dish. It is great for dinner when you are in a hurry. I love how fast it is to make too! What dinner takes only 30 minutes any more? What is also really great about this meal is how many flavors it has and the combinations you can make with it.
This is a great family and date meal. In contrast, adding the parmesan cheese makes for your not so typical lemon peppered dish. Instead, it adds a little bit of personality by adding some creaminess and flavor
I find that eating a nice fresh side salad tastes very good as well. However, a nice cucumber salad or a greek salad would also be the perfect thing to pair this dinner with. Add a little bit of red wine to spice up your little dinner party and you are ready to go.
How to make lemon pepper chicken?
- Gather boneless chicken breasts and toss in all-purpose flour and seasoning.
- Next, cook until golden brown in a hot pan, after which set aside and start making the sauce.
- To make the sauce combine butter, minced garlic, rosemary, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese in the same pan. Simmer until creamy and thick.
- Add back the chicken, top with lemon slices and broil for the perfect crispy finish.
How to make baked lemon pepper chicken?
This recipe is essentially the same as making it in a pan. The only difference is that you set the oven to 350 degrees and leave it in there for up to thirty minutes. When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit it is ready to be taken out.
How to make lemon pepper chicken wings?
- Buy some non-flavored wings from your local grocery store.
- Add the lemon and the spices to the wings. Toss them well in lemon pepper seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and make sure that the oil is 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken wings inside the pot. Have them cook in the oil for up to eight minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Serve with a creamy and zesty sauce on the side.
How to store lemon pepper chicken?
Storing this dish is incredibly easy. Start by getting saran wrap or a plastic container. Place the leftovers inside of the container and inside the refrigerator for later use.
This stays fresh in the refrigerator for three or four days. Place it in the freezer and it will be good for up to three months.
Can you freeze lemon pepper chicken?
Yes, by freezing it you will be able to have it for up to three months. As a result, this is perfect for when you are really in a rush for dinner.
Simply take it out of the freezer and set the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Leave it in the oven for twenty-ish minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat is 165 degrees.
- First of all, keep an eye on the meat so that it does not burn. Cook each side for five or six minutes.
- Add the sauce in the pan after your meat is fully cooked.
- If you thought that you can only make lemon zest with a zester then you were wrong. Simply take a knife or a vegetable peeler and peel off the skin it. Rather, cut it into very thin pieces and use it that way.
- Using fresh lemon is key to make the flavors in this recipe pop up.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 mins
- 4 chicken breasts (smaller, boneless and skinless)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4-5 rosemary sprigs
- Freshly chopped parsley (for garnish)
- In a shallow bowl mix together: flour, lemon pepper seasoning and salt to taste.
- Rub the chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once hot, toss the chicken breasts in the flour-pepper mixture, coating evenly on both sides.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until golden-brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the same pan, add the minced garlic and cook stirring for 30 seconds, add the rosemary and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and cream. Stir to combine. Season with salt to taste. Bring the sauce to a light simmer. Reduce heat to low and stir in parmesan cheese until melted.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, scoop sauce on top.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and broil for 5 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and parsley before serving.