Instant Pot Shrimp Boil takes just a few minutes of prep work and only two minutes to cook. You can have a delicious homemade meal in just under 30 minutes.
Easy shrimp recipes are traditional in our house, as they make the quickest and most delicious dinners. I also love Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, and PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp Copycat, because they all take less than 30 minutes to make and are very tasty!
Easy Pressure Cooker Shrimp Boil
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil is one of my favorite meals to make during summer. I love the combination of seafood, juicy sausage, and sweet corn, and the flavors they produce. This homemade shrimp boil will make your life so much easier and way tastier.
This recipe is full of flavor, and the best part is that it can be ready in just about 30 minutes. All you need to do is add all the ingredients to the pressure cooker and cook for 2 minutes.
That is it! Isn’t that amazing? I love adding garlic powder, onion powder, and Cajun seasoning to the pot, and drizzle a garlicky buttery sauce at the end. A squeeze of lemon and some fresh parsley are the perfect touches.
Best potatoes to use for shrimp boil:
I would recommend using russet potatoes, baby dutch, or baby red potatoes. All of these types work great when cooked under pressure. Also, if you are using larger-sized potatoes, cut them into smaller pieces.
WHAT SIZE OF SHRIMP WORK BEST?
You can go with any type available. However, I personally prefer to use large or extra-large type. When cooked under pressure they are reduced in size. Therefore, it is best to use larger-sized shrimp.
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe Tips:
- I like using wild-caught shrimp, they will definitely have a better taste than farm-raised.
- Also, you can use shrimp with shell on, or deveined, without shells and tails. It is based on personal preference.
- Skip the sausage and double or triple the shrimp or the potatoes, if you don’t eat meat. No need to alter the cooking time.
- I use a combo of garlic powder and fresh garlic, adjust based on preference.
- For a spicier kick, add red pepper flakes or increase the amount of hot sauce.
- Fresh corn on the cob tastes incredible. I highly recommend using sweet corn in this recipe.
- The beer can be replaced with chicken/veggie broth or water.
Does the alcohol from the beer cook-off in the Instant Pot?
When you are cooking with alcohol using a Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) or slow cooker, the alcohol won’t evaporate as when you were cooking on the stove-top. The alcohol is sealed in this case, and only a portion of it will evaporate into steam.
Therefore, the dish should only be served to adults. You can replace the beer with broth or water.
What wines pair well with Instant Pot Shrimp Boil?
A fruity white wine would be a perfect candidate. A cold bottle of Sauvignon Blan, Riesling or Pinot Grigio are always great matches for rich and somewhat spicy shrimp.
What goes with shrimp boil?
This is a complete meal on its own. But you can also pair it with some of the following:
LOOKING FOR INSTANT POT SIDE DISHES? CHECK THESE OUT:
Spices I used to make this recipe:
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
- Cajun Seasoning – you can also use Old Bay, whichever you prefer more.
- Bay leaves
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil takes just a few minutes of prep work and only two minutes to cook. You can have a delicious meal in under 30 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 2 minutes Total time: 22 mins