Instant Pot Shrimp Boil (VIDEO)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil takes just a few minutes of prep work and only two minutes to cook. You can have a delicious homemade meal in just under 30 minutes.
Easy shrimp recipes are traditional in our house, as they make the quickest and most delicious dinners. I also love Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Instant Pot Shrimp Boil and PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp Copycat, because they all take less than 30 minutes to make and are very tasty!
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil is one of my favorite meals to make during summer. I love the combination of seafood, juicy sausage and sweet corn, and the flavors they produce. This Instant Pot Shrimp Boil will make your life so much easier and way more tastier.
This recipe is full of flavor, and the best part is that it can be ready in just about 30 minutes. All you need to do is add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot or any other electric pressure cooker and cook for 2 minutes. That is it! Isn’t that amazing? I love adding garlic powder, onion powder and Cajun seasoning to the pot, and drizzle a garlicky buttery sauce at the end. A squeeze of lemon and some fresh parsley are the perfect touches.
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe Tips:
- I like using wild caught shrimp, they will definitely have a better taste than farm raise.
- Skip the sausage and double or triple the shrimp or the potatoes, if you don’t eat meat. No need to alter the cooking time.
- I use a combo of garlic powder and fresh garlic, adjust based on preference.
- For a spicier kick, add red pepper flakes or increase the amount of hot sauce.
- The beer can be replaced with chicken/veggie broth or water.
Does the alcohol from the beer cook off in the Instant Pot?
When you are cooking with alcohol using a Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) or slow cooker, the alcohol won’t evaporate as when you were cooking on the stove-top. The alcohol is sealed in this case, and only a portion of it will evaporate into steam. Therefore, the dish should only be served to adults. You can replace the beer with broth or water.
Pin This Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe to your Favorite Board
What wines pair well with Instant Pot Shrimp Boil?
A fruity white wine would be a perfect candidate. A cold bottle of Sauvignon Blan, Riesling or Pinot Grigio are always great matches for rich and somewhat spicy shrimp.
LOOKING FOR INSTANT POT SIDE DISHES? CHECK THESE OUT:
Spices I used to make the Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe:
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
- Cajun Seasoning – you can also use Old Bay, whichever you prefer more.
- Bay leaves
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe Video:
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil
Instant Pot Shrimp Boil takes just a few minutes of prep work and only two minutes to cook. You can have a delicious meal in under 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes quartered
- 1 package smoked andouille sausage, sliced into 2 inch logs or rondelle 12.8oz
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp shell-on
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning or Old Bay seasoning
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 ears corn halved
- 1 bottle beer, use water or broth for alcohol free (12 oz light)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning or Old Bay
- Fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
Place potatoes, sausage and shrimp into a 6-qt Instant Pot.
Add seasoning: onion powder, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, garlic cloves, hot sauce and bay leaves.
Add beer and water.
Top with the corn.
Close the Instant Pot and make sure the valve points to Sealed.
Select manual setting and adjust pressure to high, and set time for 2 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
When the Instant Pot beeps and the cooking has finished, do a quick-release.
Add butter to a medium bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in garlic powder and cajun seasoning until fully combined.
Serve shrimp boil immediately, drizzled with the butter mixture and garnished with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.