PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp Copycat Recipe is super easy and delicious. Made in the comfort of your home in just 30 minutes.
PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp Copycat
PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp is definitely a menu favorite when we eat at the restaurant. It’s so good that I decided to make it at home, with much better ingredients and also less money. This PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp Copycat recipe is super easy to make and you will have dinner ready in 30 minutes! My other favorite shrimp recipes are Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Bacon Wrapped Shrimp.
You will need a few specialty ingredients. To make it easier, here is everything I used in the making of this recipe.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this easy PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Shrimp Copycat:
- Organic Corn Starch – I always have some on hand and I use it in so many Asian recipes. The corn starch is also good to use in berry baked goods, its great to mix the berries with 1 teaspoon of corn starch to reduce their water content.
- Soy Sauce – I use it in many things, mostly chicken and veggie marinades.
- Rice Vinegar – definitely a must if you want to cook more Asian inspired dishes.
- Rice Wine – I don’t use it very often, except when I cook Asian meals.
- Baking Powder – a kitchen staple if you love cooking and baking.
You will also need:
- Paper towels – in this recipe you definitely need some to dry the shrimp and to remove the access oil.
- Tongs – if you don’t have tongs, two forks will work just fine, make sure you don’t drop the shrimp in the hot oil as you may burn yourself.
Tips for the Perfect Crispy Honey Shrimp:
- Remember that the secret is using dry shrimp in this recipe.
- Use large or jumbo shrimp – when heating the shrimp they tend to shrink, so using a large size shrimp is optimal, since they will loose in size a bit.
- Wash the shrimp really well, peel them if needed.
- Cover a cutting board with paper towels and place the clean shrimp on them, not overlapping.
- Take a few more paper towels and cover the shrimp, use your hands to pat dry the shrimp.
- Repeat if needed, once dry, add the shrimp to a medium bowl where you will season and marinate it.
How to peel and devein shrimp?
- To peel raw shrimp, start underneath, where their legs are attached.
- Use a paring knife to devein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black strip intestine.
- Gently remove the black strip of the intestines and wipe it off on a paper towel.
- To remove the tails just squeeze the shrimp out from the bottom of the tail segment.
PF Chang's Crispy Honey Shrimp Copycat Recipe
PF Chang's Crispy Honey Shrimp Copycat Recipe is super easy and delicious. Made in the comfort of your home in just 30 minutes.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 30 mins
Make the batter:
Frying the shrimp:
Make the Sauce:
If you don't intend to serve all of the shrimp, I would recommend adding the sauce when ready to serve.