Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is an easy and flavorful meal made in the Instant Pot with ground beef, Italian spices, and a tasty tomato sauce.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Instant Pot recipes are a staple around here, and this Lasagna Soup is a fool-proof recipe that even beginners can make in the Instant Pot. The soup packs all the amazing flavors of a hearty Italian lasagna and is especially delicious when topped with cheese.
Ground beef is browned to perfection and after that cooked with Italian spices and sweet San Marzano tomatoes. Lasagna noodles are added uncooked to the pot, which makes this recipe even easier.
If you want to make this Pressure Cooker Lasagna Soup more delicious, serve it in oven-proof bowls, topped with mozzarella cheese and put them under the broiler for a few minutes for the cheese to brown!
What do you need to make Instant Pot Lasagna Soup:
This is an easy dish to make, which requires a few simple ingredients. For exact measures, please see the recipe card below. Also, I have included step-by-step video instruction on how to make this dish. So, feel free to watch it.
- Beef: You can make this recipe with either ground beef or sausage. You can even use ground chicken for a lighter version, but it won’t be as flavorful. To make it vegetarian, just skip the meat and use more veggies.
- Veggies: I like to use the veggies that I have on hand, as the soup is very customizable. I usually go for some onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper.
- Seasoning: Using dried herbs it will add extra flavor and depth to the meal. To make it closer to an Italian lasagna dinner, I use a mix of thyme basil, oregano, and rosemary.
- Tomatoes: These are key to make the broth taste amazing, so using high quality canned diced tomatoes and tomato sauce is key.
- Lasagna Noodles: Here you can use your favorite lasagna noodles, I usually break them in half before adding to the pressure cooker.
- Bacon crumbs or chopped bacon
- Cheddar cheese or Mozzarella cheese
- Chopped green onion
- A dollop of sour cream
Looking for more Pressure Cooker Recipes? Check my collection here:
- Orange Chicken – my most popular Instant Pot recipe!
- Pot General Tso– another amazing take on a classic Chinese recipe.
- Mongolian Chicken – a quick and delicious family meal.
- Mongolian Beef – made healthier with less sugar, oil and not deep-fried.
- Zuppa Toscana – the famous Olive Garden copycat.
HOW TO FREEZE INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP:
- I recommend using quart bags for this soup. Use a cup to transfer the soup from the pot into the bag. Squeeze out excess air and seal the bags. The bags can nicely be stored in the freezer for up to 3-4 months.
- To thaw the soup, remove it from the freezer the night before serving, or put the sealed soup bag in warm water to thaw it faster.
- Heat in a soup pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- You can use ground beef or ground sausage in this recipe. Also, if you decide to use sausage, you can use mild or hot, based on your own preference.
- To save time, you can use pre-minced store-bought garlic or garlic paste. I always keep organic garlic paste on hand and use it in recipes. Use more or less, based on your preference.
- Add more or fewer veggies upon discretion. I like to add carrots and bell pepper, but a cup of zucchini would work great as well.
- In addition, for a spicier version, add more red pepper flakes.
- You can use veggie broth or chicken broth.
- The soup uses a lot of Italian spices, if you don’t have some on hand you can skip some. If you have an Italian Seasoning blend, just use 1 1/2 tablespoons.
- Using high quality canned tomatoes is very important as they will give flavor to the broth. I love San Marzano tomatoes, they taste sweet and fresh, also you can buy the ones that have been fire-roasted or have been flavored with basil and garlic.
Tools/Ingredients used to make this Recipe:
- Instant Pot – I use it all the time, either the Pressure Cooker function or the Slow Cooker function, I also like that I can just sauté / brown the meat and veggies directly in the pot using the Sauté function.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
The Ultimate Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is such an easy and flavorful meal made in the Instant Pot with ground beef, Italian spices and a tasty tomato broth.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 mins
The pasta sucks up a lot of the broth from the soup, so the leftovers will be thicker. If you prefer the soup more brothy, when you are reheating it, add some broth and bring it to a light simmer.