Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is such an easy and flavorful meal made in the Instant Pot with ground beef, Italian spices and a tasty tomato broth.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is a fool-proof recipe that even beginners can make in the Instant Pot. The soup packs all the amazing flavors of a hearty Italian lasagna, and its especially delicious when topped with cheese. Ground beef is browned to perfection and after that cooked with Italian spices and sweet San Marzano tomatoes. Lasagna noodles are added uncooked to the pot, which makes this recipe even more easier. If you want to make this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup over the top good, serve it in oven-proof bowls, topped with mozzarella cheese and put them under the broiler for a few minutes for the cheese to brown!
Tips and Tricks to Make The Best Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe:
- You can use ground beef or ground sausage in this recipe. If you decide to use sausage, you can use mild or hot, based on your own preference.
- To save time, you can use pre-minced store bought garlic or garlic paste. I always keep organic garlic paste on hand and use it in recipes. Use more or less, based on your preference.
- You can add more or less veggies, I like to add carrots and bell pepper, but a cup of zucchini would work great as well.
- You can make the soup spicier, by adding more red pepper flakes.
- You can use veggie broth or chicken broth.
- The soup uses a lot of Italian spices, if you don’t have some on hand you can skip some. If you have an Italian Seasoning blend, just use 1 1/2 tablespoons.
- Using high quality canned tomatoes is very important as they will give flavor to the broth. I love San Marzano tomatoes, they taste sweet and fresh, also you can buy the ones that have been fire roasted or have been flavored with basil and garlic.
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Check my collection here:
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken – my most popular Instant Pot recipe!
- Instant Pot General Tso– another amazing take on a classic Chinese recipe.
- Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken – a quick and delicious family meal.
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef – made healthier with less sugar, oil and not deep fried.
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana – the famous Olive Garden copycat.
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup – healthy and loaded with veggies.
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup – serve with grilled cheese and you are in for a treat.
- Instant Pot Meatball Soup – an Italian favorite, delicious when topped with cheese.
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork – perfectly done and quickly does for when a craving strikes.
- Instant Pot Sweet & Sour Chicken – with pineapple and bell peppers.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make the Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe:
- Instant Pot – I use it all the time, either the Pressure Cooker function or the Slow Cooker function, I also like that I can just sauté / brown the meat and veggies directly in the pot using the Sauté function.
The Ultimate Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is such an easy and flavorful meal made in the Instant Pot with ground beef, Italian spices and a tasty tomato broth.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef or sausage
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion diced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce, preferably San Marzano
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ - ¾ box of lasagna noodles uncooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley
Select the Sauté function and adjust to medium heat.
Once the IP reads HOT, add one tablespoon of olive oil to the pot.
Add the beef and sear for 2-3 minutes without stirring, season with salt and pepper and using a wooden spoon, start breaking it apart and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until it starts to get golden brown. Drain off the grease.
Add diced onions and minced garlic to the pot. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add one cup of water to the pot to deglaze it, and using a wooden spoon scrape well the bottom of the pot.
Add the bell pepper, carrot, thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining one cup of water and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
Add 1/2 box of lasagna noodles, I like to break them in half, you can break them into smaller pieces as well. Stir very well to combine the noodles with the broth. If you would prefer the soup thicker add the remaining 1/4 box of the lasagna noodles.
Make sure you don't go over the MAX fill line of the pot.
Add the bay leaves. Adjust for salt and pepper.
Cover the pot and secure the lid. Set the valve to “Sealing.” Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
Once the timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then gently move the valve to “venting” and let the rest of the pressure release.
Open the pot and stir. Discard the bay leaves.
Serve topped with cheese and fresh parsley or basil.
The pasta sucks up a lot of the broth from the soup, so the leftovers will be thicker in consistency. If you prefer the soup more broth, when you heat it up add some broth and bring it to a light simmer.