Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup (VIDEO)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup is the perfect budget-friendly recipe, that can be made in just a few minutes using your Instant Pot. Hearty, healthy, delicious and with lots of flavors.
Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup is a comfy and easy to make meal. It will warm up your soul and give your body the nutrients it needs, because it is full of protein and veggies. This recipe can be easily made with leftover holiday ham, but you don’t have to wait for leftover ham in order to enjoy it. I like to buy the cubed ham for this recipe and make it every time I crave a hearty and delicious meal. This soup is made in a fraction of time when cooked on high pressure. I recommend using lots of veggies and herbs for this soup. It will makes a huge difference and create a flavorful and aromatic meal.
Pin This Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup Recipe to your Favorite Board
Herbs you will need to make the Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup Recipe:
Adding the appropriate and right amount of herbs and spices to a meal can make the whole difference. Without these, the soup will still be good, but not great, more on the bland side. Adding the right mix of herbs will make the broth taste amazing and incredibly aromatic. You can use fresh herbs as well, but I love to keep a stocked pantry of dried herbs. They blend well with this soup.
How do You Make Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup using Ham Bone?
How to freeze Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup:
- I recommend using quart bags for this soup. First, use a cup to transfer the soup from the pot into the bag. Then, squeeze out excess air and seal the bags. The bags can nicely be stored in the freezer for up to 3-4 months.
- To thaw the soup, remove it from the freezer the night before serving, or put the sealed soup bag in warm water to thaw it faster.
- Heat in a soup pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
What is a 10 Minutes Natural Pressure Release?
A Natural Pressure Release means that the pressure is released gradually. For a Natural Pressure Release, you click on Keep Warm, and wait 10 minutes, after which you open the valve and let any leftover pressure to release. Another option is to Turn Off/Unplug the pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and after that open the valve. A natural release is usually used when cooking soups, meat in a large amount of sauce, pasta or steel cut oats. This method prevents for any foam from the dish to shoot out through the valve, which can happen during a Quick Pressure Release.
Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup Recipe Video:
Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup is the perfect budget friendly recipe, that can be made in just a few minutes using your Instant Pot. Hearty, healthy, delicious and with lots of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 16 ounces cubed ham
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups carrots diced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 cans 15 ounces each white cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable stock or chicken broth
- 2-3 cups water
- chopped parsley for garnish
- bacon crumbs
- Set Instant Pot to Saute.
- Once the IP is hot and the oil and wait for it to heat up.
- Add the diced onion and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the ham and brown it for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the fresh parsley.
Add the broth and the water. Add water in dependence of how thick you want the soup to be. Do NOT go over the Max line of your pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and lock the lid. Make sure the valve points to Sealed. Change setting to manual and adjust time to 5 minutes on High Pressure, you can also do for 4 minutes on High Pressure for crunchier veggies.
Once it beeps to show that it's done, do a quick release, by changing the position of the valve to Vent. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Carefully remove cover, discard bay leaves and stir.
Serve garnished with parsley and bacon crumbs.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.