Grilled Pork Skewers are the ultimate dish for a great and delicious BBQ cookout! Make your outdoor events more vibrant with this lean, juicy, and flavorful recipe!
Pork Kebabs Recipe
Grilled Pork Skewers, also popularly known as Kebabs, are the foundation of any great cookout. This classic staple has always been the main course in every outdoor party, most especially during the summer.
Learning how to make them is a must if you like having guests over and also not spend too much fussing in the kitchen. There really isn’t any problem if you have no experience in grilling as my recipe is very simple to follow.
Not only is it delicious and savory, but it is also healthy. With a good amount of protein, this dish is both fun and nutritious, perfect to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
To make it even greater, you can pair it with a wide variety of side dishes. From rice, pasta, to salads, you can really never go wrong with kebabs.
What pork cut is best for kebabs?
I always go for the juiciest and tender parts. For kebabs, I recommend using pork loin as it more tender. Pork neck is also a great alternative.
How to marinate meat quickly?
If you are in a rush, the minimum amount to have well-marinated meat is at least two hours. Make sure to have it vacuum-sealed to get the same results as that of an overnight method.
How to make Grilled Pork Skewers
- Marinate overnight. In a bowl, whisk together the following ingredients: pineapple juice, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, lime juice, lime zest, minced garlic, liquid smoke, and seasoning. Place the mixture in a resealable bag with the chopped meat. Store overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Prepare the vegetables and pineapple. Cut zucchini and onion into rings with a thickness enough to hold itself on the skewer. Do the same with the pineapple.
- Assemble the skewer. Skewer the marinated meat, sliced vegetables, and pineapple. Make sure to leave enough space between each ingredient for even heat distribution.
- Grill. Heat your grill to a degree between medium to high heat. Lay your skewers and rotate every 2 minutes. Do this for about 8 minutes or until the meat is evenly cooked.
- Serve. Let the meat cool down for at least 5 minutes. Garnish with desired herbs, preferably parsley. Afterward, serve.
How do you grill kabobs without burning vegetables?
Make sure to choose vegetables that are slow cooking, or those who need the same amount of cooking time with the meat. Zucchinis and onion are common choices, but you can also use mushrooms.
For potatoes and other vegetables that you want, I suggest cooking them at an earlier time before grilling it.
How long to soak wooden skewers before grilling?
Soak wooden skewers in warm water for a minimum of 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning over the grill. You can also soak them overnight if you want to be extra careful.
More delicious pork recipes:
Can’t get enough of juicy and tender dishes? Check out my recipes for:
How to store leftovers:
When your meal is done, store the Grilled Pork Skewers in a tightly sealed container and place them in the fridge right away. Make sure to consume it within three to four days.
- While using vacuum-sealed bags are great for a quick marinade, you can also use it when marinating overnight. I find that using a tight bag helps in making the meat even juicier, tender, and flavorful.
- Having a hard time holding the skewer when cooking it? Wrap a foil around the end part where you can rotate it easily without burning.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 8 hrs 45 mins
Grilled Pork Kebabs:
- 2 1/2 lbs pork loin (or tenderloin cut into 1 1/2" thick pieces)
- 2 medium zucchini (cut into thick rings)
- 1 pineapple (cut into 1 1/2" thick pieces)
- 1 medium purple onion (cut into 1" pieces)
For the Pork Marinade:
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place pork pieces into a large mixing bowl and pour marinade over meat. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring once or twice while marinating. Marinate for at least 8 hours for best results.
- Skewer marinated meat along with the sliced veggies and pineapple, alternating them on the skewer.
- Grill kabobs over medium/high heat for about 8-10 min or until the desired doneness is reached, rotating every 2-3 min for even grilling.
- Remove kebobs from the grill and let them rest at least 5 min before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and hot sauce.