Bacon Cabbage Dippers are juicy and crisp, budget-friendly, and very easy to make. The smokiness and the perfect flavor and texture, make these the perfect party appetizer!
Isn’t finger food the best? I like to marge a large appetizer spread either if I have a party to host or just for a family dinner. This way you get to taste different food and try a few recipes. You should try our Crispy Onion Rings, Oven Baked Chicken Tenders, and if you are a bacon fan, this Candied Bacon is a MUST TRY!
Easy Cabbage Dippers Recipe
Bacon Cabbage Dippers are very easy to make, they will take you only a few minutes to assemble and around 30 minutes to bake. This dish is also the perfect party appetizer. The dippers are smoky, crispy, and full of flavor.
We enjoy making them for St. Patrick’s Day and also when we host the Superbowl party. The juicy cabbage and the smoky bacon are fantastic when combined. Make some Mashed Potatoes and serve these as a full meal! The caramelization from the brown sugar and smoked paprika takes these over the top!
Everyone is just in love with them. They are always a huge hit and when I serve them, I make sure to double or triple the recipe so I have enough for everyone to enjoy!
What is Cabbage Dippers?
Cabbage dippers are a type of finger food, made of small cabbage wedges wrapped in bacon and baked. They are served with a dipping sauce and are perfect for parties.
What do you need to make Bacon Cabbage Dippers?
The list of ingredients is easy and simple, should I also say budget-friendly!
You will need the following ingredients:
- Cabbage – I like to use green cabbage in this recipe. Also, make sure it is fresh and crisp.
- Bacon – maple smoked bacon is AMAZING in this recipe.
- Parmesan cheese – a little goes a long way, it definitely adds such a nice flavor!
- Olive oil – canola or vegetable oil will work as well. If you want to be fancier, try sesame oil.
- Seasoning – Kosher salt, pepper, and smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Brown sugar – this ingredient is optional, but I like the caramelization it adds. If you want to make the recipe Keto-friendly just skip it.
How do you make Bacon Cabbage Dippers from scratch?
- Prepare the cabbage: First, make sure you preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Next, cut the cabbage in half and remove the thick stem. After that, cut each half into 3 or 4 pieces, depends how large your cabbage is.
- Make the seasoning: In a medium bowl, combine parmesan paprika, brown sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Season the cabbage: Arrange the cabbage pieces onto two baking sheets, toss with oil, and after that in the parmesan mixture.
- Wrap in bacon: Wrap each wedge tightly in bacon.
- Bake: Pop them in the oven and bake until the cabbage is golden and crispy around the edges and bacon is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve: Serve while still warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Make it spicy: If you are a heat fan, make sure to add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes into the seasoning.
- Fry them: Also, if you would like super crispy and fried things, and you own a deep fryer, you can heat up some oil and fry these to golden perfection.
- Make them Low-Carb and Keto friendly: To make these low-carb just skip the brown sugar!
- Make them in the Air-Fryer: This recipe is very Air Fryer friendly. Simply pop them into the air fryer at 450 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes!
- Add an Asian twist: Use sesame oil, and serve these with a sweet chili sauce for a fun Asian twist.
- Go double on the bacon: Bacon is the best, we all know that, wrap them tightly win two layers of bacon!
- Add Ranch seasoning: Add a tablespoon of Ranch seasoning into the seasoning mixture, we all know that Bacon and Ranch is a combination made in heaven.
How to serve Bacon Cabbage Dippers:
First, make sure you serve them warm. Arrange them on a serving plate with your favorite sauce. Here are a few of our homemade dipping sauce you can choose from:
More Must-Try Appetizer Recipes:
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels
- Homemade Baked Soft Pretzels
- Oven Baked Fish Sticks
- Beer Battered Fish
- Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
- Make sure you choose a fresh, crisp cabbage and remove any leaves from the top that may have black dots.
- Also, to save time, choose long strips of bacon, they will be easier to wrap around the cabbage wedges.
- Ensure that the oven has been preheated, it will also be good if from time to time you baste the cabbage wedges from the fat rendered from the bacon.
Bacon Cabbage Dippers
Bacon Cabbage Dippers are juicy and crisp, budget friendly and very easy to make. The smokiness and the perfect flavor and texture, make these the perfect party appetizer!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 45 mins