Easy Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs [Video]
Air Fryer Eggs is one of the easiest ways to get perfect soft boiled or hard-boiled eggs. Done exactly the way you like them, and they practically slip out of their shells. Learn how to easily make them in the air fryer, and use them on your favorite salads, sandwiches, or deviled eggs.
This Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are my new favorite way to cook them for a quick breakfast or meal prep. I have already shared with you how to make Instant Pot eggs, but this time we are changing the kitchen appliance a bit 🙂
This method will change the way you do boiled eggs. It is a great way and probably the best way to have perfectly cooked eggs. The cooking process is easy and mess-free. No more boiling water (and getting splattered while taking them out!), overcooked yolks, and rubbery whites.
These come out PERFECTLY every single time, no matter how you like your yolks— soft and runny, medium, or fully cooked.
Better yet, it’s ridiculously easy to take off the shells. Most of the time, the peel comes off in one piece! Say goodbye to ugly, pockmarked whites and broken shells all over the sink, because this method is about to change the game!
- An air-fryer: Different brands and types work differently. As a result, they have different wattages which might affect the cooking time a bit. Therefore, it is best to check first.
- Eggs: We use regular, large chicken eggs for this method.
- Timer: I Will let you know exactly when to take them out, according to how well you want yolks done.
- Water and ice cubes in a bowl: An ice bath loosens the shells and makes them extremely easy to take off.
How to make air fryer hard-boiled eggs?
- Preheat. First, we’re cooking these at 250 degrees Fahrenheit. So, follow the pre-heating instructions for your specific air-fryer type.
- Cook. Next, set the pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook. Also, set a timer for 13 mins. (soft), 15 mins. (medium), or 17 mins. (hard).
- Ice water bath. Once the time’s up, take them out and dunk them in a bowl of ice water for about 3-5 minutes.
- Peel or store. Therefore, if using immediately, peel. If not, store it for future recipes.
Can you air-fry eggs?
Obviously! 🙂 Frankly, you’ll never want to do it any other way once you try this method! Aside from “boiled,” you can also use it to cook fried eggs, omelets, and scrambles.
- 9-11 minutes: Soft Boiled Eggs – You will get soft white and a runny, liquid center. Perfect for egg cups and dipping your toast in!
- 11-13 minutes: Jammy Eggs – Still slightly runny in the center, but heading towards soft boiled.
- 14-16 minutes: Hard Boiled Eggs – Already firm, but the yolk is lighter than fully hard.
Please note, that the cooking time might vary from brand to brand. Therefore, it is important the first time to test it out with one small batch.
Can I use aluminum foil in the air fryer?
Yes, as well as parchment paper. However, the food you’re cooking should be heavy enough to weigh it down, or it’ll flap around and make a mess inside.
How to store hard-boiled eggs?
Transfer them with the shell on, in an airtight container. Refrigerate (preferably on an inside shelf) for up to 7 days.
Ways to serve hard boiled eggs:
Here comes the fun part— eating them! Enjoy them plain first, because those creamy yolks with tender whites are just incredible.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
What cannot be cooked in the air fryer?
Those recipes that involve a very heavy wet batter like tempura should be avoided because first, the circulating air will make the batter fly everywhere. Also, it won’t get that beautiful, crispy shell that deep-frying creates.
Avoid cooking whole chickens or any large cut of meat especially when you have a small unit because it may not cook evenly. Because of this, it’s best to cook them in small pieces as we do for air-fried drumsticks and pork chop slices.
- Most importantly, remember that every air fryer model is different. Therefore, we highly recommend trying this method with a single egg first. After that, tweak the cooking times until you arrive at the perfect number of minutes.
- Remember to give them an ice bath. The water should be REALLY COLD (ice-cold water) to stop the cooking process. This is why you need to throw some ice cubes in there. Since the cold “shocks” the hot eggs and loosens the shell.
- In addition, you can cook them straight out of the refrigerator (cold eggs); no need to wait until they are of room temperature.
- Cook one piece, or up to a dozen at the same time. This depends on how many pieces you can fit in one layer in the basket. Also, this depends on the size of your air fryer. It is important not to overcrowd the basket so that hot air can freely circulate in between them.
- You can adjust the time to get runny yolks up to completely hard yolks.
- DO not overcrowd the basket. The hot air should be able to circulate freely.
Easy Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 8 large eggs
- 1 bowl cold water
- Ice cubes
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Preheat the air fryer to 250 degrees F.
- Place the eggs in the basket and cook for 13 mins (soft), 15 mins (medium), or 17 mins (hard).
- Once the eggs have been cooked, immediately transfer them to a bowl with cold water and ice and leave them in for 5 mins.
- If using immediately, peel and serve. Or store in the fridge for later.
Enjoy weekly hand picked recipes and recommendations