Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bites are sweet mini desserts that are low carb, chocolaty and decadent! Enjoy this dessert guilt-free with this easy no-bake recipe!
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bite
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bites are high in fat but low in carbs. This dessert proves that being on a low-carb diet can still be rewarding and delicious!
Each piece brings a balance of flavors from the sweet chocolate and tart cream cheese. Rolled into a ball, this dessert is easy to snack on and to serve – no more slicing, just enjoy these individual truffles!
I like how this dessert is perfectly sized which makes it easier for those watching their intake to easily track how much they have eaten.
It is perfect for parties, especially for the upcoming holidays, because guests of all ages can enjoy this sweet treat.
And did I mention that it is easy to prepare? You can make a huge batch and this recipe uses only a few ingredients.
Being a no-bake dessert, it allows you to focus on your other dishes and it frees up your oven. Try it now!
What are Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bites made of?
As I said, this recipe makes use of only 6 ingredients! Your shopping list should include these:
- low carb chocolate pudding mix
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- powdered sweetener
- cocoa powder
How do you make Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bites?
This is an easy dessert and ready in no time. Feel free to watch the short video tutorial attached. The general steps are as follows:
- Mix: In a bowl, simply combine the ingredients.
- Chill: Place the dough in the fridge until it is set and ready to shape into one-inch balls. Form truffle sized balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Coat: In a bowl, add the cocoa powder. Then, dunk the small bites to coat.
Is cream cheese Keto?
Yes, it is as most other cheeses are. Note that this ingredient can also be high in calories but in this kind of diet, it is okay to eat fatty food to support the body’s energy requirement.
Is cocoa powder considered Keto?
Yes, it is. It has minimal net carbs that are also attributed to fiber. Hence, you can eat it in this low-carb diet and then, enjoy the flavor!
What types of sugar can you eat on a keto diet?
To reach ketosis which is the goal of those in this kind of diet, one must not eat any sugar that is carbohydrates-rich. But some substitutes can make any dessert sweet but still keto. Here are some:
- Stevia: a plant-based sweetener that has almost zero calories but is sweeter than regular sugar, one teaspoon can replace a cup of sugar.
- Xylitol: a common sweetener used in candies and is a kind of sugar alcohol, add it to coffee, shakes, and other beverages in a 1:1 ratio.
- Sucralose: it goes through the digestive system untouched which means that it does not contribute any calorie to the body, it is extremely sweet compared to the regular sugar.
Note that these sweeteners do not raise the levels of blood sugar in the body and hence, they are of a low glycemic index.
How to store Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bites?
- Refrigerate: You can keep this in the fridge for about 2 to 3 days, kept in an airtight container.
- Freeze: It can also be frozen to extend the shelf life to about 2 to 3 months. Just thaw before you eat it.
- If you wish to make it into small squares instead of balls, then, you can use a silicone mold. Press on the dough to shape and then, cut into small squares.
- You can also try other shapes and be creative with it!
- You can also roll these in coconut flakes or pecan nuts for added texture and still adhering to the low-carb diet.
Prep time: 30 minutes Total time: 1 hr
- 3.4 ounces package low-carb/sugar-free instant chocolate pudding
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Powdered Erythritol Sweetener (or Powdered Swerve Sweetener)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl, mix the chocolate pudding, cream cheese, vanilla, salt, powdered sugar.
- Chill the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Add cocoa powder to a small bowl.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to form the dough into balls then dip in a small bowl of cocoa powder until coated.
- Chill for 30 minutes and enjoy!