Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta has all the delicious flavors and textures of a juicy Philly cheesesteak in this easy and cheesy pasta dish ready in about 30 minutes.
Best Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta is one of the easiest and the most delicious recipes you can make in your Instant Pot. You start by browning the beef, after that, you add the mushrooms and green peppers.
Followed by the pasta and the broth to cook it all. Once the Instant Pot beeps, all you have to do is add the cheese. For better flavor and taste, you can extra cheese to the dish. Stir well and enjoy one of the creamiest and most delicious pasta dishes you have ever had.
This recipe does not get any easier. I love that you don’t have to pre-cook the pasta, I mean who has time for that? You add the uncooked pasta to the pot and cook it all together.
This Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta is the perfect one-pot meal that you can make in about 30 minutes and it bursts with textures and flavors!
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Recipe Tips:
- Use quality meat because a good meat-centered meal starts with quality meat. Preferably use organic beef for this meal.
- Also, look for fresh meat that has a bright color, and about 15-20% fat content. Due to higher fat content, the meat gets great flavor and tenderness.
- Browning the beef is essential, it will lock in the flavor and the beef juices and also elevate the meat flavor.
- You don’t have to pre-cook the pasta for this recipe. Add the uncooked pasta to the pot and 5 minutes on HP will give you al-dente pasta, and 6 minutes will result in more well-cooked pasta.
- For a spicier kick, add some red pepper flakes.
- Similarly, I added provolone cheese. However, you can also use mozzarella or Swiss cheese.
How long do you cook pasta in the Instant Pot?
Pasta is cooked in an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cookers, usually between 4-6 minutes, depending on the recipe and type of pasta. Most of the time followed by a Quick Pressure Release.
Can I make this dish with other meats?
This dish can be made with any ground meats, such as chicken, turkey or pork. Similarly, the cooking time will still be the same if you use the same amount of ingredients.
How to store it?
- If you have some leftovers, I recommend transferring the dish into an airtight container. Then, store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Also, you could freeze it. Prior to freezing, ensure the dish is completely cold, and freeze it up to 3 months.
Tools/ingredients that I used to make the Best Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Recipe:
- Instant Pot – I use it all the time, I have the 6 quarts one. It makes weeknight meals so much easier.
Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Total time: 30 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms (minced)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz shell pasta (I used large shells)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (provolone, Swiss or mozzarella cheese)
- Set Instant Pot to Saute.
- Once the IP is hot melt the butter.
- Add the ground beef, let it cook without moving for about 1 minutes, to get a nice sear on it. After that, break it up using a wooden spoon as it cooks.
Once the ground beef has browned, add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the ketchup and beef broth. Stir to combine. Scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooded spoon, to make sure bits are not stuck to it.
Add pasta and stir to combine.
- Cover and seal the lid. Make sure the valve points to Sealed. Change setting to manual and adjust time to 5 minutes on High Pressure.
Once Instant Pot beeps to show that it's done, do a quick release, by changing the position of the valve to Vent. Carefully remove cover and stir.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Top with cheese, put the lid back on but don't seal. Allow a minute or two for cheese to start to melt. Stir to combine.