Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is very easy to make, creamy and delicious with perfect juicy chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Watch the short video tutorial below and learn to make this easy and delicious recipe in no time!
Ultimate Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is one of my favorites takes on the Italian classic dish. This recipe is very easy to make. I love that you only have to dirty your pressure cooker and the end result is a very creamy and cheesy pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, chicken and spinach.
After you cook the pasta it may look a little runny, don’t worry, you need all that liquid to create the amazingly creamy sauce. I like to use a mix of cream cheese and Parmesan cheese because it combines the most amazing texture and flavor. The secret ingredient that I am also sharing with you, is adding evaporated milk to the pot. As a result, the pasta turns out perfectly cheesy, rich and very creamy.
The sun-dried tomatoes add a bit of chewiness and tartness, while the spinach adds some freshness and a pop of color. Such a hearty and delicious dinner!
What seasoning can you use for the chicken?
Chicken doesn’t have to be bland if you take a few minutes to mix these dried herbs and sauté the chicken you will end up with a very flavorful Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta dish! Here are the herbs that I used:
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper Powder or Red Pepper Flakes – if you want to add a spicier kick.
- Dried Rosemary and Dried Thyme
How to make Instant Pot Tuscan chicken pasta?
Making this dish is super easy. For the exact steps and ingredient measures, please see the recipe card below. Also, watch the short video tutorial attached for easy step by step guidelines. But the general steps are the following:
- Season the chicken: Whisk the herbs above, and coat the poultry well.
- Saute the meat: Then, using the saute function of the IP, saute the breasts until nicely browned. Remove from the pot, and set aside.
- Add the veggies: Next, add some olive oil to the pot, along with chopped onion, sun-dried tomatoes, seasoning, broth, evaporated milk, and pasta. Mix well, and scratch the bottom of the pot. Add back the chicken.
- Cook: Close the lid and cook under HIGH pressure.
- Cut the poultry: Once done cooking, open the lid and remove the breasts. Chop them into smaller sizes. Add the cream cheese, and shredded parmesan cheese to the pot, and gently stir together. Then, add fresh spinach and mix together.
- Serve: Add back the chicken and serve warm.
How long do you cook pasta in the Instant Pot?
Pasta is cooked in an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cookers, usually between 4-6 minutes, depending on the recipe and type of pasta. Most of the time followed by a Quick Pressure Release.
Substitutes for this Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- You can use frozen-thawed and drained spinach instead of fresh.
- Also, light cream cheese will work in place of regular if preferred.
- Garlic powder could replace fresh, I’d go with about 3/4 tsp.
How to make Tuscan Chicken Pasta in the Slow Cooker?
Making this delicious pasta in the slow cooker is a great alternative. We have the Crockpot version of this recipe in this link.
How do you reheat this dish on the stove?
Usually, when refrigerated the sauce will thicken because the pasta will also absorb the liquid. To reheat, add pasta to a medium-large saucepan over medium heat and add 1/2 to 1 cup of milk. Start with 1/2 cup, stir to combine and if needed add more, until you achieve the desired sauce consistency. You can also add cream instead of milk, or chicken broth.
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe Tips:
- Preferably use organic chicken for this meal.
- Also, you can use chicken breast meat or boneless/skinless chicken thighs meat.
- You don’t have to pre-cook the pasta for this recipe, you add the uncooked pasta to the pot and cook for 4 minutes.
- In addition, you can make this dish with turkey as well, the cooking time will still be the same if you use the same amount of the other ingredients listed in the recipe.
- For a spicier kick, add red pepper flakes.
- If desired, use add some basil. Use about 1 tsp dried or fresh basil.
- You can also add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese at the end.
- For a vegetarian version, skip the chicken.
- Similarly, this meal can be made with other types of pasta, I like to use large shells or fusilli pasta.
- Instant Pot – I have the 6 quarts one. It makes weeknight meals so much easier.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 mins