Crustless Pumpkin Pie is very tasty and so easy to make, also, it’s crazy low in calories. This pie is creamy, decadent and gluten-free.
We love making high quality and delicious pumpkin desserts. With holidays around the corner, pumpkin recipes are surely high on the to-do list. Among our other favorite pumpkin desserts are Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, Pecan Pie Pumpkin Cheesecake and Pumpkin Poke Cake. I recommend you give at least one of them a try, they are all delicious!
Best Crustless Pumpkin Pie
This Crustless Pumpkin Pie is the perfect dessert option to make in the calorie-heavy holiday season! The pie is so easy to make, with a foolproof recipe, that is very hard to mess up. Since the pie has no crust, it literally melts pleasantly in your mouth. It is a nice change from the traditional Pumpkin Pie, and also lighter in calories.
If you are looking for something more special to try during this Thanksgiving season, this pie would be an excellent choice. For this Crustless Pumpkin Pie, I used store-bought canned pumpkin puree. However, if you have some extra time and desire, you can use homemade pumpkin puree.
For that, you will have to roast the pumpkins before pureeing them. Both options will work great in this recipe. For the topping, I used whipped cream and some cinnamon. The pie is packed with vitamins and is low in sugar and unhealthy fats. It is perfect to enjoy for brunch or as a dessert after family dinner!
Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe Tips:
- Please see the recipe card for the exact measures. In addition, I have attached the recipe video to better guide you through the cooking steps. So, feel free to watch it.
- I made the crustless pumpkin pie with heavy cream. However, you can use evaporated milk or whole milk instead. You can simply use the same amount of evaporated milk if that’s what you have at hand.
- Also, don’t skip the cornstarch as that’s what holds this pumpkin pie together.
- I recommend cooking this crustless pumpkin pie to an internal temperature of 165°F – 170°F. This ensures that you get perfect, creamy, smooth results.
- When the pumpkin pie is completely baked, let it cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 3-6 hours. This will give you nicer and cleaner slices.
- You can make this pie keto-friendly, by using a sugar-free sweetener.
WHAT IS PUMPKIN PUREE VS CANNED PUMPKIN?
Canned pumpkin is just cooked pureed pumpkin. Canned pumpkin or pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices like cinnamon, clove, allspice, and ginger, and is also sweetened.
CAN I USE FRESH PUMPKIN INSTEAD OF CANNED?
Yes! Making pumpkin puree from fresh pumpkin is easy, and you can definitely substitute the canned pumpkin for fresh pureed pumpkin. To Make Pumpkin Puree from scratch follow the below method:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove seeds and pulp. Cover each half with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven, foil side up, 1 hour, or until tender.
- With a fork, scrape pumpkin meat from shell halves and puree in a blender. Strain to remove any remaining stringy pieces. Store in the freezer in freezer-safe bags.
What to serve Crustless Pumpkin Pie with?
You can serve this delicious pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of your preferred ice cream.
How to freeze the Crustless Pumpkin Pie?
- First, wait for the pie to cool completely. Fully wrap in plastic wrap tightly. Next, wrap in aluminum foil or place it in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost before slicing.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes Total time: 1 hr 20 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup maple syrup (or white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can 29oz pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degreed F.
- Butter a 9 inch pie dish and about 6 1/2 cup ramekins or a larger, 10 inch pie dish.
- To a large bowl add: cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, salt, baking powder and cornstarch. Add maple syrup and whisk until fully combined.
- Add eggs, egg yolks and vanilla extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add pumpkin puree, cream and melted butter. Whisk until fully combined. Use a rubber spatula to clean the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the mixture to the prepared pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 60-70 minutes. Or until the pie is settled and the center is just very slightly jiggly. The sides should be golden brown and puffed.
- Remove pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Once it has completely cooled, transfer to the fridge for at least 6 hours or better overnight.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.