Chick-fil-A Sauce is an easy and delicious copycat dipping sauce made with mustard, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, and honey. It has the right balance of sweetness and smokey flavor.
Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce
Chick-fil-A-Sauce is one of my favorite copycat recipes. It is made with basic ingredients that you may just already have on hand. Also, what is even more convenient is how simple it is to prepare it. Once you have the ingredients ready, simply whisk them together, and you are done.
I tried to stick to the original Chick-Fil-A restaurant flavors, and use only a handful of ingredients. It has a nice tangy and sweet flavor, with just a hint of lemon. In addition, the texture nice is creamy, and it tastes just like the real deal!
Making it at home is also budget-friendly, and you can make a larger batch for later use. Simply refrigerate it in a mason jar, and you enjoy it up to 10 days.
What is Chick Fil A Sauce made of?
This recipe is made with just six simple ingredients. You will need the following:
- Barbecue sauce
- Yellow mustard
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
How to make Chick Fil A Sauce?
- In a medium-size bowl, mix all the ingredients together. I suggest using a whisk and mix the ingredients until it reaches the perfect creamy texture.
- Then, place the bowl in the refrigerator, and let it refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Enjoy it with your favorite chicken tenders, nuggets, sandwich, and french fries!
What type of mustard do you use for chick fil a sauce?
I use regular yellow mustard in combination with dijon mustard. This makes the sauce more flavorful, and it gives it a hint of spiciness. However, if you want a more mild flavor, simply skip the dijon mustard.
What kind of barbecue sauce is best to use?
For this recipe, I love using my original homemade bbq sauce. It has the right balance of sweet, salty, and spicy taste. Also, by making it yourself, you know exactly what goes into it.
Alternatively, you could use a store-bought type, or use your favorite brand. Just keep in mind, if you go with a sweet version, you will have to reduce the honey.
Can I make chick fil a sauce in advance?
Absolutely! The best way to preserve its flavors is to store it in an airtight container or mason jar, and tightly seal. Refrigerate it for up to 10 days.
What to serve with copycat chick fil a sauce?
It is perfect to use it with:
- Sweet potato fries
- Fish sticks
- Shrimp cakes
- Fried cheese sticks
- Grilled shrimp tacos
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
Can I freeze it?
I would not recommend freezing it because it contains mayonnaise and pon thawing, it will get soggy and watery.
More delicious sauces:
- Feel free to adjust the flavors based on your preference. So, if you like it smokier, use some liquid smoke.
- Any type of mayo will work just great. You can even use vegan mayo.
- Also, additional spices can be added, such as paprika, garlic powder, or onion powder.
- Similarly, any honey type will work. But if you are looking for a milder taste, go with wildflower honey.
- Prior to serving, I highly recommend storing the sauce for at least 30 minutes. This way the flavors combine together and the texture is just right.
Chick-fil-A Sauce Copycat
- 1/4 cup honey (maple syrup work if you don't like honey)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (smoky is best)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients until fully combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavors to come together.