Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito makes the start of any day fun, great to prepare ahead of time, and to have it on-the-go! Enjoy the most important meal of the day with this easy recipe!
I cannot stress enough how important breakfast is! Make it enjoyable with this recipe alongside other favorites like the Fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes, Apple Pie Coffee Cake, and Blueberry French Toast Casserole!
Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito has all your favorite breakfast items in one meal! It has hashbrowns and the bacon-and-egg combo that we all love, topped with the melting cheddar cheese, makes it irresistible!
The use of a tortilla wrap to get things together is refreshing and makes it a good on-the-go meal, too. You know how busy people can easily skip breakfast, but it is not the healthiest thing to do. So, serve them this instead!
Kids and adults alike will love this! It is packed with meaty flavors that are balanced with the potatoes and tortilla. It is one hearty meal that anyone would love at any time of any day.
I served this last Saturday for breakfast and I got requests to make it again for the next meal and the next day!
How to make Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito
Cook the bacon:
- First, without adding any oil, let the bacon cook in its fat on a skillet over medium heat. Once it is done, put the cooked pieces in paper towels then, drain about half of the excess fat.
Cook the hashbrowns:
- Next, using the same skillet, cook the hashbrowns. Just follow the instructions in the packaging.
Prepare the eggs:
- Whisk them with half and half. Wipe the skillet clean, melt some butter, and pour the mixture when the bubbles start to appear on the butter. Cook over low heat and stir slowly when it starts to curdle. To taste, sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Get one tortilla and lay it flat on a working surface. At the center, layer the ingredients starting from the hashbrowns. Then, roll up the sides to secure.
- Serve while warm with a side of hot sauce!
What tortillas are best to use for Burritos?
Use any kind of flour tortilla that you already have. You can even use flavored ones to make it even more flavorful! One tip is to warm it up first so that when you start rolling, it will be more pliable to not break.
You can always change things up to fit your taste and here are some examples of what you can add:
- pico de gallo
- bell peppers
Best cheese to use for Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito?
You can try other kinds like with different flavors to make it more exciting. Here are some suggestions:
- Pepper Jack
- Monterey Jack
- Goat Cheese
How to store/freeze Breakfast Burrito:
You can refrigerate this for 2 to 3 days, stored in an airtight container. Or, wrap it with foil or plastic.
You can extend the shelf life and make it a freezer meal by putting it in a freezer bag. You can thaw and reheat in the oven or microwave within 3 months.
- Instead of layering in the cheese, you can also cook it with the scrambled eggs.
- Feel free to leave out the hashbrowns or replace it with some potato wedges or tater tots!
- Aside from bacon, you can use sausage, turkey bacon, shredded chicken, or pork.
- Make a double batch so that you can serve one immediately and save the other for later. This makes for a great freezer meal that comes handy when you are busy in the morning.
- Make sure that you put just enough filling in the middle of the tortilla so that it will be easy to wrap and seal.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 40 mins
- 16 slices bacon
- 16 ounces package frozen hash browns
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Hot sauce (for serving)
Cook the Bacon:
- Place a large, cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the bacon slices and cook until crispy, working in batches, about 8 minutes per batch.
- Place cooked bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate, to drain off excess fat.
- Discard most bacon fat from the skillet, leaving in only about 2 tablespoons.
Cook the Hash Browns:
- Cook the hash browns according to package directions in the skillet in the bacon fat and transfer to a plate when done.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half and half until combined.
Cook the Eggs:
- Wipeout the same cast-iron skillet, place it over medium heat and melt the butter.
- When butter is just starting to foam, add the beaten eggs and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the egg mixture occasionally until soft curds form. Season with paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the Burritos:
- Arrange tortillas on a flat surface.
- In the center of each one, layer hash browns, ¼ of the scrambled eggs, ¼ cup each cheese, and 4 slices of bacon per burrito.
- Fold in the two shorter/extremity sides, and after that roll up tightly.
- Serve with hot sauce for dipping.