Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potato Soup gives a twist to the traditional version. It tastes amazing with the ranch flavor making it definitely worth a try! Watch the recipe video below and see how easy and delicious this dish is!
It has been getting colder and colder as the autumn sets deeper at this time of the year. And a good warm bowl of soup is a must! Try this recipe along with my other autumn favorites like the Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars, Blueberry French Toast Casserole, and Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
Crockpot Bacon Ranch Potato Soup
Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potato Soup has crunchy bacon bits and a creamy and flavorful base. It is so comforting and easy to make in the crockpot.
When I am feeling under the weather, a good trusty dish like this one becomes my go-to meal. It instantly uplifts my mood and I feel relieved.
I love how the bacon, ranch, and cheese flavors meld with the spuds’ flavor. The thick soup makes this all the more hearty especially when eaten with dinner rolls and a salad on the side.
And preparing it in the Slow Cooker has its perks. I get to make this while doing other chores which is a major plus for a homemaker.
How to make Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potato Soup:
- Make bacon crumbles: In the crockpot, spray some non-stick spray. In a skillet, cook the bacon and then, transfer to a paper towel to drain the oil. Reserve some for later and then, crumble and put some on the crockpot.
- Sauté the onions: Using the same skillet, sauté the onions then, transfer to the crockpot.
- Put the veggies: Simply put the spuds, the aromatics, and the broth in the crockpot. Stir in the seasonings, too.
- Cook: Cook until the spuds become soft and tender for up to 6 hours on LOW.
- Thicken: Use a masher to mash the spuds. Another way is to put a slurry of cornstarch or some flour. You can put whipping cream, too, to make it creamier. Melt in some cheese.
- Serve: Garnish with some green onions, cheese, and reserved bacon.
How do you make homemade ranch seasoning?
It is fairly easy to replicate at home without having the need to go to the grocery store to buy a packet. All you need is a handful of pantry ingredients and mix them. You can try different proportions of these ingredients according to your preference:
- 1/2 cup powdered buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Can you make Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potato Soup on the stovetop?
Yes! You can make this in a Dutch oven and the flow of the recipe is pretty much the same.
- Make bacon crumbles in the Dutch oven, and using the drippings, sauté the aromatics.
- Put the spuds in and the broth and allow to boil. Reduce the heat and maintain a steady simmer until the spuds become tender.
- Mash some of the potatoes. Then, season with the ranch, salt, and pepper. Put some flour to thicken and some cream.
- Garnish before serving.
Can you make Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potato Soup in the Instant Pot?
Yes! It is much faster using the Instant Pot. Simply follow these steps:
- Using the SAUTE function of the IP, fry the bacon.
- Put the vegetables in along with the broth.
- Cook on HIGH manually set at 7 minutes. Note that the IP will need about 12 minutes to attain the required pressure.
- Release the pressure and open the lid. You may do a quick release.
- Add the ranch and cheese. Garnish and then, serve.
How to Store:
- Refrigerate: You can store these in airtight containers once they are at room temperature. Then, refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
- Freeze: Put it in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months. But, remember to do this only if you have not added the dairy yet. Dairy does not freeze well, so, add that only when you are about to reheat this.
- To reheat: Thaw overnight, then, reheat on the stovetop.
More homemade soup recipes:
- In mashing the spuds, it is best to use the blender if you want it creamy and smooth. Otherwise, retain some of the spuds and mash only a portion.
- You can serve this with a French baguette, dinner rolls, a sandwich, or a salad.
- If you find sautéing time-consuming, you can skip that and just put everything in the crockpot.
- To make it creamy, it is best to use waxy ones like Red Bliss and New Potatoes. But using Yukon Gold is also okay. Just do not go with starchy ones.
Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potato Soup
Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potato Soup gives a twist to the traditional version. It tastes amazing with the ranch flavor making it definitely worth a try!
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 8 hours Total time: 8 hrs 30 mins
After the Thickening Mixture was added: