Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup [VIDEO]
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup is a very easy veggie soup to make, that packs lots of nutrients and fiber to keep you full and boost your energy.
Easy Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup
Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup is tasty, vegan, easy to make and packed with vitamins! The soup is a great combination of delicious fresh veggies, cooked in a tomato vegetable broth, seasoned with dried herbs for the best flavor. This Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup is incredibly easy to make, it does not involve multiple steps. After you prepare your veggies and add them to the Instant Pot, you just have to wait under 30 minutes for the soup to be ready.
I call this a weight loss aka detox soup aka the meal that helps me get back on track. After over-eating probably and most surely over-indulging during the holidays, I especially look forward to a bowl of this soup. The soup is packed vitamins from the hearty veggies and it will keep you full for hours. I enjoy that it’s comforting and that it gives my digestion system a break.
Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup Recipe Tips:
- Sautéing the onion and garlic, in the beginning, is optional. you can skip this step and add all the veggies to the Instant Pot if you are in a hurry. However, if you take a few minutes to sauté the onion and garlic, the flavor of the soup will definitely be much better, so I recommend to do it.
- To save time, you can use pre-minced store-bought garlic or garlic paste. I always keep organic garlic paste on hand and use it in recipes.
- Also, you can skip some of the veggies if you don’t like them. For example, if you absolutely hate onions you can skip those.
- Similarly, I recommend to not skip the celery and the cabbage, because of their detoxifying properties.
- The soup can be even healthier by using sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.
- For a spicier kick, add some red pepper flakes.
- You can use veggie broth or chicken broth. If you use chicken broth, please choose low sodium and organic.
- You can turn the soup into a rounded healthy meal also by adding either beans or stirring in shredded chicken.
Can I make this Weight Loss Soup in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, by all means! Just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir and cook on low for 6 hours or until the potatoes are soft.
Should I add beans to the Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup?
The soup does not have much protein, I prefer to not add any beans (except the green beans) to it, as the whole purpose of it is to give my digestive system a break. However, you can add 1 can of rinsed and drained pinto or black beans if you want the soup to pack more protein.
How to make homemade vegetable stock?
- First, heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Then, add the garlic, onions, celery, and carrots to it.
- Cook until softened, for about 5-8 minutes, while stirring often.
- Next, add the water, frozen vegetable scraps, bay leaves, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 45 minutes.
Pin This Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup Recipe to your Favorite Board
Can you freeze Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup?
Yes. I recommend using quart bags for this soup. Use a cup to transfer the soup from the pot into the bag. Squeeze out excess air and seal the bags. The bags can nicely be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To serve, put in a large bowl and heat it for 10-20 min on the stove.
WHAT IS A 10 MINUTES NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE?
A Natural Pressure Release means that the pressure is released gradually. For a Natural Pressure Release, you click on Keep Warm, and wait 10 minutes, after which you open the valve and let any leftover pressure to release. Another option is to Turn Off/Unplug the pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and after that open the valve. A natural release is usually used when cooking soups, meat in a large amount of sauce, pasta or steel cut oats. This method prevents any foam from the dish to shoot out through the valve, which can happen during a Quick Pressure Release.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make the Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup Recipe:
- Instant Pot – I use it all the time, either the Pressure Cooker function or the Slow Cooker function, I also like that I can just sauté / brown the meat and veggies directly in the pot using the Sauté function.
Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup Recipe Video:
Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup
Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup is a very easy to make veggie soup that packs lots of nutrients and fiber to keep you full and boost your energy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion peeled and diced
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste optional
- 1 cup zucchini diced chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped (about 2 stalks)
- 1 medium carrot peeled and sliced rondelle
- 4 medium russet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cabbage chopped
- 2 14. 5 ounces cans San Marzano diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green beans cut in half
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 6-8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or more
- 3 bay leaves
- Fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
Set Instant Pot to Saute mode.
- Once HOT, add olive oil, let it warm up and add onion, cook for a few minutes, until soft.
- Add minced garlic, cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Add celery, zucchini, carrot, potatoes, cabbage, diced tomatoes and tomato paste if using.
- Add basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add broth. Stir to combine.
- Add green beans, broccoli florets and bay leaves. Add more broth if needed. The broth should just slightly cover the veggies. Make sure you don't go over the MAX fill line of the pot.
- Close lid and set to manual High Pressure for 5 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach high pressure, then it will cook for 5 minutes. Make sure you close the vent.
- When timer goes off, 10 minutes, that is called a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release. Then carefully open the vent and release any remaining steam.
- Open the Instant Pot, remove and discard the bay leaves and gently stir to combine the soup.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve and garnish with chopped parsley.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.