Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is delightfully good, tasty and healthy! Packed with so many hearty veggies and beans you can have a few bowls guilt-free. Check out the video tutorial below and see how simple this recipe is!
Making soups in the Instant Pot is a staple around here. We love making delicious and easy soups in the pressure cooker like our popular IP Tomato Soup, IP Ham and Bean Soup and IP Italian Meatball Soup.
The Best Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Minestrone Soup is one of the easiest and most healthy soups you can make in the Instant Pot. This soup is full of flavor from all the delicious veggies, beans and herbs. Packed with three types of beans and lots of veggies, this soup hearty and comforting. The broth is just slightly tangy, with a tasty tomato flavor. Chewy pasta is the perfect addition to the soup, and if you want to keep it all on the healthy side, you can add whole wheat pasta.
This dish is perfect to enjoy during colder winter days to warm you up. This homemade recipe tastes just like the Olive Garden version and is loaded with healthy vegetables and hearty beans.
The soup is naturally vegan unless you pile it up with cheese as I did. Warm tomato broth, vitamin-rich veggies, and delicious beans are all packed into a heartwarming bowl of this fabulous soup!
What is Minestrone Soup?
It is a hearty, and thick soup that originated from Italy and mostly made with pasta, broth, and lots of vegetables. Also, it was traditionally made to use up leftover vegetables, such as beans, carrots, etc. So when making this dish, feel free to use whatever vegetables you have and love the most!
IS INSTANT POT MINESTRONE SOUP HEALTHY?
Absolutely! This is the perfect soup to enjoy during colder weather. Also, because it is full of healthy vegetables and packed with nutrients, and vitamins, it is definitely considered a healthy dish. So go ahead and enjoy it without feeling guilty!
WHAT KIND OF PASTA DO YOU USE IN MINESTRONE SOUP?
For this recipe, we use dry pasta shells that get cooked directly in the pressure cooker to make this an easy one-pot meal. Our favorite one to use here is elbow pasta.
For an even healthier option, use whole wheat macaroni pasta. Also, you can boil the pasta separately and stir in later or use leftover cooked pasta in this recipe.
Can you freeze Instant Pot Minestrone Soup?
Yes. I recommend using quart bags for this soup. First, use a cup to transfer the soup from the pot into the bag. Then, squeeze out excess air and seal the bags. The bags can nicely be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To serve put in a large bowl and heat it for 10-20 min on the stove.
What is a 10 Minutes Natural Pressure Release?
A Natural Pressure Release means that the pressure is released gradually. For a Natural Pressure Release, you click on Keep Warm, and wait 10 minutes, after which you open the valve and let any leftover pressure to release.
Another option is to Turn Off/Unplug the pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and after that open the valve. A natural release is usually used when cooking soups, meat in a large amount of sauce, pasta or steel-cut oats. This method prevents any foam from the dish to shoot out through the valve, which can happen during a Quick Pressure Release.
Looking for more comforting soup recipes? Check these out!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Corn Chowder with Bacon
- Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Panera Bread Creamy Tomato Soup Copycat
- For a prominent tomato taste in the broth, I highly recommend that you add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste when sautéing the onion and other veggies.
- To make keto, low carb minestrone soup or a whole paleo version of it, simply leave out the pasta, beans, and carrots. And instead, add cauliflower and green beans.
- If you prefer to make it on the stovetop, check our stovetop version of it by clicking on this link.
- Also, you can add red pepper flakes and use spicy fire-roasted tomatoes, for a spicier kick.
- Similarly, use fresh garlic, because it will add amazing flavor to your soup.
- Celery or other veggies can be skipped, if not liked.
- If you want your spinach to be less cooked, fold it in right after the soup is done the cooking.
- In addition, spinach can be substituted with kale.
- The IP will take some time to come to pressure because there are a lot of ingredients and liquid involved.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this homemade Soup:
- Instant Pot – I use it all the time, either the Pressure Cooker function or the Slow Cooker function, I also like that I can just sauté / brown the meat and veggies directly in the pot using the Sauté function.
- Basil – adds a tone of aroma, I especially love it in this tomato soup.
- Thyme – a pantry must-have.
- Dried Oregano – it packs so much flavor, I always have some on hand.
- Dried Rosemary – optional in this recipe, but I like the amazing aroma all the herbs added.
Watch Recipe Video:
Easy Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is delightfully good, tasty and healthy! Packed with so many hearty veggies and beans you can have a few bowls guilt free.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 50 mins
*You can add the spinach at the end, into the hot soup, if you prefer it less cooked.