Last updated on May 6th, 2022 at 05:25 pmJump to Recipe
Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake
Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake is easy to make, loaded with caramelized apples and cinnamon, and served warm with ice cream and caramel sauce. A delicious and simple dessert made in the crockpot, that is perfect during colder weather.
Easy Apple Pudding Cake Recipe
Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake is the best way to enjoy apples during this fall season! This recipe is so easy to make, delicious, and so flavorful that making them will be pure joy!
My love for creamy, pudding-like desserts has been well documented on the blog, and this Crockpot Apple Pudding Cake is my latest obsession. This cake is moist, creamy, buttery, and super easy to make. First, you caramelize the apples and then add them to the slow cooker with the cake batter.
Also, everything is covered in an “apple sauce caramel” and after that, you just have to let the crockpot do its magic. There is nothing better than warm apples topped with cinnamon, and a fluffy cake during a cold autumn day!
As a result of 3 1/2 hours in the slow cooking, you are rewarded with a house that smells like cinnamon heaven and a perfect pudding cake. While slow cooker pudding cakes may not be the most gorgeous looking, it is easy and delicious.
I call them beautiful messes because you have to scoop them into serving dishes and enjoy their great taste. I like scooping it into individual serving dishes. Top the warm pudding cake with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, and just take a moment to appreciate and enjoy this amazing dessert.
Bites of caramelized apples and cinnamon cake will melt in your mouth! It is out of this world, in all its apple glory!
Why you will love the Apple Pudding Cake
- First, it’s very easy to make and taste delicious.
- Also, the slow cooker does most of the job, so it’s not time-consuming.
- In addition, it’s a perfect dessert for the fall season.
- Lastly, it’s a perfect way to utilize applies.
- Apples: Feel free to use your favorite type. I go with Gala apples, granny smith apples, or Fuji.
- Nonstick cooking spray: To grease the bottom of the crockpot.
- Coconut oil
- All-purpose flour
- Sugar: I like using brown sugar. However, regular granulated sugar will work as well. Just use whatever you have available.
- Baking powder and ground cinnamon
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt to balance out the sweetness
- Whole milk and butter: To make the creamy buttery sauce base.
- Coconut oil
- Apple sauce: You could also use homemade apple butter. It takes amazingly delicious.
How to make Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake?
- Saute the apples: Grease the crock pot bottom with some cooking spray, and add the diced apples to it. Then, using the saute function, sautee them for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients: In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Then, add the whole milk and melted coconut oil and whisk together until combined. Pour the mixture over the sauteed applied in the crockpot.
- Make the brown sugar apple sauce: In a saucepan, over medium heat, add some water, along with apple sauce, brown sugar, and butter. Bring to simmer while whisking the mixture. Then, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 2 more minutes. Once it has the right consistency, pour it over the rest of the ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook: Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours, until the apples are tender.
- Serve: Enjoy this delicious dessert warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
What is Applesauce?
Apple sauce or applesauce is a sauce made of apples. It can be made from all kinds of apples and with a variety of spices such as cinnamon and allspice. Flavorings or sweeteners such as sugar or honey are also commonly added.
How to store leftovers?
Let the dessert completely cool at room temperature prior to storing. Then, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
More slow cooker desserts:
- You can make this recipe in the crockpot, or instant pot using the slow cooking option. Both options will result in the same great and creamy texture.
- Also, feel free to use any type of apples.
- Prior to serving, let the cake sit in the slow cooker for an extra 15-20 minutes. This will make the sauce thicker.
- For extra flavor, add 1/2 cup of orange juice or cranberry juice to the mixture, and then cook.
Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 Gala apples cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and set aside.
- If using an InstantPot or if your slow cooker has the "Saute" function: add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to the slow cooker once hot, add the cubed apples and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If your slow cooker doesn't have the "Saute" option, cook the apples in a medium skillet on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, and add to the slow cooker after that.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add milk and melted coconut oil, stir just until combined. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared cooker over the apples.
- In a medium saucepan combine the water, apple sauce, brown sugar, and butter. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour the sauce over the batter in the cooker.
- Cover and cook on a low-heat setting or on a Slow Cooker setting if using an InstantPot for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the cake registers 200F.
- To serve, spoon pudding cake into individual dessert dishes top with ice cream and caramel sauce. If desired, garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- Serve and enjoy!
Enjoy weekly hand picked recipes and recommendations