Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake is easy to make, loaded with caramelized apples and cinnamon and served warm with ice cream and caramel sauce. Made in the InstantPot.
I love fall, I love all the great activities that come with it: pumpkin picking, Halloween, all the candies, the foliage and obviously all the crunchy apples that I just can’t get enough of. Apple butter, apple pie, apple cake, you name it and I eat it! You know what they say, one apple a day keeps the doctor away!
My love for creamy, pudding like desserts has been well documented on the blog, and this Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake is my latest obsession. The cake is easy to make, the apples get caramelized and added to the slow cooker with the cake batter, everything is covered in an “apple sauce caramel” and after that you just have to let the slow cooker do what it does best while you mind your own business.
After 3 1/2 hours you are rewarded with a house that smells like cinnamon heaven and a Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake that is warm, moist, soft and oh so decadent. While slow cooker pudding cakes may not be the most gorgeous looking, I call them beautiful messes as you have to scoop them into serving dishes and enjoy their great taste.
Scoop the Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake into individual serving dishes, top the warm pudding cake with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce and just take a moment to appreciate and to enjoy this amazing dessert. Bites of caramelized apples and cinnamon cake will melt in your mouth! It is out of this world, in all its apple glory!
This Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake is perfect to be served as a dessert, it is also very fitting for a brunch party, the warm, cinnamon cake is perfect on a cold fall or winter morning especially with some warm cider on the side!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Gala apples, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and set aside.
- If using an InstantPot or if your slow cooker has the "Saute" function: add 3 tablespoon of coconut oil to the slow cooker once hot, add the cubed apples and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If your slow cooker doesn't have the "Saute" option, cook the apples in a medium skillet on medium - low heat for 5 minutes, and add to the slow cooker after that.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add milk and melted coconut oil, stir just until combined. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared cooker over the apples.
- In a medium saucepan combine the water, apple sauce, brown sugar, and butter. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour the sauce over the batter in the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting or on Slow Cooker setting if using an InstantPot for 3 to 3½ hours or until a thermometer inserted in the center of cake registers 200F.
- To serve, spoon pudding cake into individual dessert dishes top with ice cream and caramel sauce. If desired, garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- Serve and enjoy!
I prefer crunchy, hard Gala apples in this recipe, soft apples don't work as well.