Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops with fresh rosemary, brown sugar and cinnamon apples served on a bed of fluffy, mashed sweet potatoes.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SmithfieldCares #CollectiveBias
Juicy and flavorful Rosemary Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops served for dinner make the perfect autumn meal. The flavors of brown sugar and cinnamon will fill your house, the apples cooked in butter will melt in your mouth. Served over a bed of mashed sweet potatoes, this meal is delicious and filling.
This is my second time partnering with Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork to bring you a delicious dinner. I like their fresh natural pork because it is naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients and it is also proudly raised in USA. Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork Bone-In Pork Chops are my go to for quick and delicious weeknight dinners. Take these Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops – they were ready in 30 minutes! You can even make this meal to entertain guests, everyone will love the flavors!
If you love your pork medium rare, you should cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees (followed by a three-minute rest). If you like your pork a little more done, you can cook them to an internal temperature of 160 degrees. I have cooked this meal of Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops with my toddler for my husband. It was our way of showing him how much we love and value him, he is our hero, he works hard to provide for his family and also loves us endlessly.
With over $9,000 in prizing don’t miss your chance to nominate someone in your community who deserves recognition for embracing compassion, care and commitment.Smithfield will award prizes to local heroes.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium tart apples, chopped
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh rosemary
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, mix together salt, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Season the pork chops with the mixture and set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add seasoned pork chops and cook 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Using tongs, remove the pork chops and set aside, keep warm.
- Add to the skillet the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, chopped apples, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cook and stir until apples are tender, about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- Once the potatoes are done, with an electric mixer on low, blend potatoes, slowly adding cream, about ½ a cup at a time. Use more or less to achieve desired texture. Add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Serve the pork chops over sweet potatoes, topped with apples.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.