Instant Pot Feta Pasta is a quick and delicious meal made with pasta, feta cheese, fresh basil, tomatoes, and garlic. This TikTok dish went viral for a reason: it is pure satisfaction in every bite. Follow this recipe and learn how to quickly and easily make this vegetarian recipe instantly using the pressure cooker!
Instant Pot recipes are my favorites because they are super quick and easy to make. Most of them can be made in about 30 minutes or less, like this IP Orange Chicken, Pressure Cooker Lobster Tails, or Firecracker Chicken.
Instant Pot TikTok Tomato and Feta Pasta Recipe
This Feta Pasta recipe quickly became our family’s favorite dish. After it went viral on TikTok, I decided to give it a try, and see what the fuzz is all about! Instantly, I became addicted to this dish. It is so colorful, delicious, and flavorful that everyone in my family just loves it. Not to mention, how quickly it is done in the Instant Pot.
The combination of feta, tomato, basil, garlic, and pasta is just out of this world. It has the right balance of creaminess from Feta, and yet not overpowering. The cherry tomatoes bring a ton of flavor as well to it, and when mixed with cheese, is it pure heaven on earth.
Feel free to use your favorite tomatoes here. I prefer to go with cherry or Roma tomatoes, as they are sweeter and just work perfectly in this recipe. Also, try using fresh basil. You just can’t beat the fresh basil aromas!
Instant Pot Feta Pasta Ingredients:
- Pasta: You can use any pasta of your choice. However, I prefer to use a smaller version as it holds the shape best, and it also absorbed the sauce quite well. Shell pasta, penne, maccheroni, farfalline, and macaroni works well.
- Feta: The central ingredient here! You can find brick feta cheese in pretty much any local grocery store.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic is a must here!
- Olive oil: Use the type you like the best.
- Fresh or dried basil: I like using both. The dried basil I tend to add during the cooking process, and the fresh basil is for garnishing.
- Chicken broth: To cook the pasta. Feel free to use the store-bought version. Or if you want more flavor, make your own chicken stock and use it instead!
- Tomatoes: Cherry or Roma tomatoes are ideal here. However, you can use what you have on hand.
- Seasoning: Salt, pepper, and some dried onion powder.
What to serve with Feta Pasta?
How to make Instant Pot Feta Pasta and Tomatoes?
- Saute: Using the saute function of the IP, add in some olive oil and let it heat for 1-2 minutes. Then, add minced garlic and saute on low for 30 seconds. Next, add tomatoes and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the seasonings and dried herbs.
- Add pasta: Pour in the chicken stock and add in pasta, and seasoning. Then, add the brick of feta cheese in the middle of the pot.
- Cook: Close the lid, and cook under high pressure for 4 minutes, following by QR (quick pressure release).
- Stir: Once the pressure is out, open the lid and store well the ingredients to combine. Chop some fresh basil leaves and enjoy warm.
Recipe Variations and substitutions:
- Use other pasta: You can substitute the pasta and use what you have on hand or love the most. Spaghetti for example can be replaced instead of penne or shell.
- Substitute the cheese: You can also use crumbled feta, ricotta cheese, parmesan, goat cheese, or a mozzarella ball instead. All are great alternatives to regular feta.
- Add other veggies: To make it more nutritious, add spinach, onions, or other greens.
- Make it spicy: For a spicier kick, add some chopped jalapeno or chili pepper during the cooking process. Just add based on your tolerance level.
- Bacon: For bacon lovers, add some crumbled bacon on top.
Oven-Baked Feta Pasta Recipe:
To make it in the oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (about 200 degrees C).
- Add some olive oil to a baking dish, then add the cherry tomatoes. Next, add the feta cheese and drizzle some olive oil on top. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- In a pot, boil the pasta according to package instructions, and set aside. Reserve one cup of water from pasta for later use.
- Let the cheese, and tomatoes bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove from the oven, and crush some fresh garlic on top of the feta along with some freshly chopped basil leaves.
- With a fork, mix the baking ingredients together, and then add the cooked past on top. Stir everything together. If more liquid is needed, add a bit of cooking water to the mix.
- Serve warm.
How to store leftovers?
Let the dish completely cool prior to storing. Then, transfer leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
More pasta recipes to try:
Also, it is super easy to make using the pressure cooker. All you need is the ingredients in the pot and a few minutes of cooking. As a result, you will end up with one flavorful dish for the whole family to enjoy.
- Chicken broth can be substituted with beef or veggie broth. Also, if you do not have any broth on hand, you can use water as liquid. However, the broth gives this meal a great flavor.
- Also, you can add more proteins to this recipe. For example, add some bacon, chicken breasts, or even sliced turkey breasts.
- To make it vegetarian, skip the chicken stock, and replace it with veggie broth or water.
Instant Pot Feta Pasta Recipe
Instant Pot Feta Pasta is a quick and delicious meal made with pasta, feta cheese, fresh basil, tomatoes, and garlic.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 4 minutes Total time: 30 mins