Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Chops are tender and delicious, easily made into a full meal with mashed potatoes and carrots cooked at the same time in the pressure cooker. Watch the recipe video tutorial below and see how simple and delicious this recipe is!
Juicy Instant Pot Pork Chops
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Chops are so soft, juicy and tender that this might become the only way you cook pork chops going forward. I love a good and easy recipe, and this one, guys, is a keeper.
The best part of this recipe is that you can put a full meal on the table with minimum effort and a fraction of the time. All this is possible while using only the Pressure Cooker!
The pork chops, potatoes, and carrots are cooked at the same time in the IP. Once everything is done, a flavorful and super easy apple cider sauce is made. This delicious homemade recipe is another great combo of sweet and savory, the apple cider mustard sauce has just the right amount of sweetness and slight tanginess to tie this meal together. Astonishingly delicious! Watch the video below with detailed steps on how to make this recipe.
WHAT IS THE SECRET TO MAKE JUICY Instant Pot PORK CHOPS?
We have made this delicious recipe multiple times, and in our view, the secret starts with the meat. We recommend:
TRY NOT TO USE THIN CUT PORK CHOPS
- Using thin cut pork chops can result in dry meat. Since the chops will be cooked under pressure, the meat tends to dry out if it is thin cut. Also, it might not have the best look to it.
- The best alternative to cooking the thin cut pork chops would be cooking them on the stovetop.
USING BONELESS PORK CHOPS
- If you prefer eating boneless pork chops, make sure to use thicker size cuts. Also, it will result in a tender and juicier meat.
- It’s important to note, that the meat is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
FOR THE BEST RESULTS USE THICKER, BONE-IN PORK CHOPS
- This is what we usually use, and is what makes this dish so special and juicy.
- Try to use bone-in pork chops, this results in a flavorful and tasty meal.
- Similarly, the bone-in helps insulate the meat and keep the chops tender, juicy and very moist.
How Long To Cook Pork Chops In Instant Pot?
This usually depends on size and thickness. Also, if you decided to cook frozen pork chops in the instant pot, the time will increase as well. As a general guideline, I use bone-in chops about 3/4″ to 1″ thick.
Because the meat is cooked under pressure, you want to go with a thicked cut. This will result in a tender, juicy, and flavorful meal. The cooking time is as follows:
- Bone-In Center Cut Chops: about 15-18 minutes.
- Boneless Loin Chops: the cooking time should be set to 8-10 minutes.
- Pork Steaks about 1″ thick: the cooking time should be about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Frozen chops: when cooking frozen meat in the pressure cooker, the time will always increase by about 5-8 minutes. Also, if you decided to go with frozen meat, then skip the searing step.
What is the Safe Cooking Temperature for Pork Chops?
Also, if after cooking the meat the internal temperature is lower than desired, then add the chops back to the IP, and cook for a few more minutes.
Why are My Instant Pot Pork Chops Tough & Dry?
The main reason you ended up with dry or tough meat would be because you have overcooked them. Also, remember that pork chops are usually lean, and does not require a lot of cooking time.
Therefore, for the best result, I would recommend using thicker cuts, and also bone-in chops that are well-marbled.
What to serve with Apple Cider Pork Chops?
This dish is super juicy and flavorful. You can serve it with the gravy and your favorite side dishes. We love this over:
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- Roasted Bok Choy
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potatoes
- Chunky Mashed Potatoes
What is a 10 Minutes Natural Pressure Release?
A Natural Pressure Release means that the pressure is released gradually. For a Natural Pressure Release, you click on Keep Warm, and wait 10 minutes, after which you open the valve and let any leftover pressure to release. Another option is to Turn Off/Unplug the pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and after that open the valve.
A natural release is usually used when cooking soups, meat in a large amount of sauce, pasta or steel-cut oats. This method prevents any foam from the dish to shoot out through the valve, which can happen during a Quick Pressure Release.
CAN YOU FREEZE PORK CHOPS?
Absolutely! Just make sure, before freezing that the meat is completely cooled. Then, transfer it into freezer-safe containers or heavy-duty freezer bags. Lastly, label with the date, and freeze for up to 3 months, or longer if you use a deep freezer.
More delicious Pressure Cooker recipes:
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Chops Recipe Tips:
- You always have to use at least the minimum liquid requirement for your pressure cooker.
- Also, for maximum flavor, I highly recommend using bone on and marbled meat.
- Similarly, you can make Instant Pot boneless pork chops using this same method, but adjust the time accordingly.
- For this recipe, I used a 6 quart Instant Pot and I used about 1.5 lbs of bone-in, center-cut chops.
- To make this a full meal, I cooked everything in layers. The first one was the potatoes, topped with a trivet on which I placed the carrots and the pork chops.
- In addition, this recipe certainly can be made without the side dishes. You can only cook the pork chops. Make sure you brown them, after that cook in the minimum liquid requirement based on your pressure cooker size.
- Once the chops are cooked and the IP beeps, make sure you do a Natural Release. Do Not do a Quick Release, it will toughen the meat. Also, once you remove the meat, you can add the sauce ingredients and reduce them on Sauté mode.
- Definitely, use stone-ground mustard for the sauce, it will add amazing flavor.
- I find 15 minutes to be enough cooking on High Pressure for 1.5 lbs of center cut chops, which comes down to about 3 pork chops, that measured about 1 inch in thickness. If you want the meat to be so tender that it falls off the bone, you can increase the cooking time to 20 minutes. I like 15 minutes on HP with a 15 minute NPR makes the perfectly tender meat.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Recipe:
- Instant Pot – I use it all the time, I have the 6 quarts one. It makes weeknight meals so much easier.
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Chops
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Total time: 50 mins
For the Pork Chops:
For the Apple Cider Mustard Sauce:
Cornstarch Mix Optional: