Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake is the holy grail of desserts! Every slice is loaded with layers of crunchy graham crust, creamy caramel cheesecake, apple pie topping, plus luscious whipped cream and caramel sauce. It’s the best homemade fall dessert to enjoy with friends and family.
I have a serious sweet tooth, which means I’m crazy about desserts! Try my Strawberry Tiramisu for a fruity twist on the classic. Looking for a fun project with the kids? Bond over baking with these Easy Twix Cookies! Finally, try my Pumpkin Bread for a dose of autumn spices.
Apple Pie Cheesecake Recipe
Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake is just over-the-top fabulous! The idea came to me one day when I was craving cake, apple pie, and caramel at the same time. Instead of making three separate recipes, I tried combining all those flavors in one.
The result is this heavenly dessert that hits all the right spots! Each layer adds something special. You’ve got that buttery, spiced graham crust that adds crunch. Then, we add dulce de leche to the cheesecake layer because you can never have enough caramel!
The fruit topping tastes exactly like apple pie— sweet, spiced, slightly tart, and with a nice, crisp bite. The final layer is fresh whipped cream drizzled with more homemade caramel sauce. The only hard part is waiting for it to firm up before you take a bite!
How to make Caramel Apple Cheesecake?
Despite having several layers, this recipe is beginner-friendly. I promise! The key is to prepare all the ingredients so they’re ready when you need them. You should never let batter sit – bake it as soon as it’s done for the best texture.
Let me walk you through the process, layer by layer:
LAYER 1: The Crust
Process the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Combine this with the butter and spices. Press into the pan as firmly as you can.
LAYER 2: The Cheesecake Filling
- Beat the cream cheese with the cinnamon, vanilla, egg, and sugar until smooth. Next, mix in the dulce de leche. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake in a water bath for up 2 hours until just about set.
- Then, cool it inside the oven (turn off heat) for one hour. Make sure the door is cracked open slightly.
- Afterward, cool in room temp for a few hours.
- Chill overnight in the fridge.
LAYER 3: The Apple Pie Topping
- Cook down your diced fruit, sugar, water, and spices until the fruit is tender and the liquids are reduced.
- Refrigerate to cool.
LAYER 4: The Fresh Whipped Cream
Whip the chilled cream until you get stiff peaks. You can easily make whipped cream at home, or use a store-bought one. Set aside.
Assemble all the layers:
You can certainly use store-bought, but homemade tastes so much better and it takes less than 15 minutes!
Serve the dessert with additional whipped cream and caramel sauce on the side.
Best apples to use:
Anything you like, really. Use your favorite apples for making the apple pie. However, I like using Granny Smith, Honeycrisps, and Golden Delicious because of their tart sweetness. They also hold up really well to heat without turning into mush.
Do I have to do the water bath?
For this recipe, yes. The moisture from the water bath, aka Bain Marie, prevents overbrowning, cracking, and falling in the center.
Do I Have to Use Room Temperature Cream Cheese?
Yes! Take out the block a couple of hours before using it. This helps it incorporate better and easier with the rest of the batter ingredients.
Best toppings for Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake:
Aside from whipped cream, you can also top this with:
- Chocolate sauce
- Easy Candied Pecans
- Your favorite nuts
- Dark cocoa powder
Can you make Caramel Apple Cheesecake in advance?
Yes. You actually need to make this a day or two ahead of when you plan to serve it because it needs to be chilled overnight. It tastes better this way because the flavors have to come together. You can refrigerate it for up to 6 days.
You can also mix the components in advance. Pre-mix the crust and apple pie topping, and store in the fridge inside an airtight bag. Chill your cream until ready to use. Follow the recipe as instructed on the day you’re making it.
More delicious cheesecake recipes:
- Red Velvet Bites
- Brownie Peppermint Cheesecake
- Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- Baileys Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake Recipe Tips:
- For clean slices, use floss.
- Use a springform pan to make it easy to take out the baked dessert.
- Also, wrap the pan with two foil layers to prevent the water bath from seeping in.
- Don’t have graham crackers? Use gingersnaps!
- Bake only until the center is slightly jiggly.
- Don’t take it out immediately from the oven, because the center will fall.
- Chill your cream well before whipping. Otherwise, the stiff peaks won’t form.
Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake
Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake is the holy grail of desserts! Every slice is loaded with layers of crunchy graham crust, creamy caramel cheesecake, apple pie topping, plus luscious whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 2 hours Total time: 3 hrs
APPLE PIE TOPPING:
APPLE PIE TOPPING: