Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 04:51 pm
Nutella Cheesecake Bars are a delight to eat with a honey graham crust and a hazelnut chocolate filling, while very easy to make.
Nutella Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Bars are the perfect way to end a long week since they are delicious and very easy to make. Made with lots of Nutella, every bite is a party for your taste buds. I used Honey Graham Crackers and Nutella in my cheesecake bars, and they tasted amazing. The crust has a subtle honey flavor, the cheesecake filling is creamy and chocolaty.
Why You’ll Love These Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Bars:
- They are rich and chocolaty and are a show stopper dessert.
- Easy to find ingredients and minimum prep work and dishes to clean.
- Perfect for brunch parties and for bigger crowds.
- Easy to transport if you have to take them to a brunch party.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last-minute dessert.
How to prevent cheesecake layer cracks:
- Making sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature and well combined after mixed.
- Avoid opening the door oven while baking the cheesecake.
- Watch the cheesecake layer closely to avoid over-baking it.
- When the sides are puffed and the center of the cheesecake is just slightly wobbly, the cheesecake is done.
How do I know when a cheesecake is done baking?
Gently shake the cheesecake, if the cheesecake looks nearly set and only a small area in the center jiggles slightly, it is done. The center will firm up during the cooling time, as it will cook from the residual heat.
How to slice the Nutella Cheesecake Bars?
- Run a long, sharp thin-bladed slicing knife under hot tap water or dip it into a glass of hot water prior to slicing the cheesecake.
- Wipe the knife clean and run it under hot water before making another cut.
- An easy, mess-free way to cut even slices is to use cheese wire or unflavored dental floss. This method can be easily used on cheesecakes baked in a springform pan. Clean the bits that stuck to the wire/floss before every cut.
How to freeze the Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Bars?
- Make sure the cheesecake brownie bars have fully cooled.
- Wrap cheesecake bars tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in a heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Properly stored, it will maintain the best quality for about 2 to 3 months.
Other delicious cheesecake recipes:
Nutella Cheesecake Bars
- 20 full-sheet honey graham crackers (or 3 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 32 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup hazelnut chocolate spread (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 12x9 baking pan with parchment paper enough to overhang on the sides, spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press well into the lined pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cooling as you work on the filling.
- In the bowl on an electric mixer, or using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Make sure to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Slowly, pour the filling over the crust. Drop large spoonfuls of hazelnut chocolate spread on top of the filling and using a knife, gently swirl it.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the cheesecake has settled and the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling for 30-40 minutes at room temperature on a wire rack and then chilling in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Lift the bars by the parchment paper out of the pan and using a sharp knife cut into squares. Clean the knife with cold water to remove any crumbs and continue cutting.
- Store bars in a covered container for up to 5 - 6 days in the refrigerator.