Peppermint Cheesecake is the most festive dessert this Christmas! It is not your ordinary dessert. It is rich, decadent, and refreshingly unique! Watch the bonus video tutorial attached and see how amazing this recipe is!
Brownie Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
Peppermint Cheesecake has a brownie base, peppermint-flavored filling, and topped with our favorite whipped cream and white chocolate ganache. It is velvety smooth and the layers may seem complex, but really, this recipe is a breeze to make.
The candy cane, the menthol-flavored candy, is a Christmas symbol that we are all familiar with. And in desserts, it is the most common form of peppermint. And this plays a great role in decorating the top.
The white and red stripes are simply iconic. I just find it so refreshing that it is turned into a dessert in this recipe and not just a candy.
I must say that the peppermint flavor suits anything chocolaty. It is not your usual cheesecake flavor but delicious, nonetheless. And the holiday season is the perfect time to serve this one-of-a-kind dessert!
How to Make Peppermint Cheesecake:
- Make the crust: Spray the springform pan with a thin coating of nonstick spray on the inside then, cover the outside with foil. Get the brownie mix and follow the package instructions. Pour the batter in the pan, then, freeze for at least one hour.
- Prep for baking: Set the oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the filling: In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and the other dry ingredients until smooth. Then, add in the eggs slowly and avoiding overbeating. Add the dairy as well as the peppermint extract.
- Assemble: Spread the filling on top of the crust. It is now ready for baking. Put the pan inside a larger roasting pan filled halfway with water.
- Bake: Cook the cheesecake for about 45 to 50 minutes just until the center looks jiggly and the edges firm and set. When done, open the door partly. This is to allow the dessert to start cooling without any abrupt change in temperature.
- Cool: Once done, insert a knife in between the pan and the sides to release the dessert. Then, refrigerate until ready to serve later.
- Decorate: Top with ganache. Make it by melting chocolate and corn syrup then, set aside. Let the cream simmer and melt the chocolate with it. Then, put the resulting ganache on top. Also, pipe out whipped cream and crush peppermint and sprinkles for additional toppings.
How long to bake Peppermint Cheesecake?
Whenever I make one, it takes me 45 to 50 minutes before the edges are set. But it highly depends on your oven as its temperature may be hotter or colder than mine.
Use a thermometer to verify the temperature. Do not underbake it or it may crack.
How to take it out from the springform pan?
The key here is to loosen the sides so that you can release the lock without ruining the whole thing. Use a knife or hard spatula dipped in hot water and wiped dry with a towel. Run it along the edges.
Then, if you feel that the sides are all released, slowly open the lock at the side of the pan. Then, run the knife or spatula at the bottom in between the pan and the crust to release. After this, chill the dessert.
Can you make the Peppermint Cheesecake in advance?
Yes! You can freeze the whole thing, wrapped tightly in foil. Then, simply decorate once you are ready to serve it.
How long is the Brownie Pepperment Cheesecake good for?
This dessert can last in the fridge for 5 days, tightly wrapped in plastic. You can also freeze it, wrapped and put in freezer bags, for up to 6 months.
White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe Tips:
- To easily remove the bottom of the pan, you can put a parchment paper cut out into the shape and size of the bottom.
- For a smooth and lump-free batter, make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature.
- It is nice to invest in springform pans that are coated already so releasing the cheesecake will be a no-brainer.
Brownie Peppermint Cheesecake
Brownie Peppermint Cheesecake is the most festive dessert this Christmas! It is not your ordinary dessert. It is rich, decadent, and refreshingly unique!
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 50 minutes Total time: 4 hrs 50 mins
White Chocolate Ganache:
Peppermint Whipped Cream:
White Chocolate Ganache: