Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Last updated on November 2nd, 2021 at 03:59 pm
Air Fryer Carrot Fries are crispy and chewy, coated in the most delicious, sweet and savory seasoning made with brown sugar and spices. These are a nice and healthier change from the regular fries. Add them to lunch boxes, serve them as an appetizer or side dish, these are always a hit with everyone.
If you are looking for some other easy air fryer recipes that are healthy, try our crispy Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus or tangy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. If you are not a fan of asparagus or sweet potato fries, these Air Fryer Apple Fries with a dish of caramel sauce will please anyone with a sweet tooth.
A healthy alternative to traditional fries, these make a fantastic after-school snack for the kids. Or you can serve them as a side dish to any main entrée like our scrumptious pork tenderloin or slow cooker sloppy joes. In addition, these carrot fries are so fast and easy to make, the kids can help you prepare them.
Air fried carrot fries are so delicious your family will not even know that this is a healthy recipe. It is an easy snack or side dish that you can make on a hot day, so you don’t have to turn on the oven. And all you need besides carrots are a few spices.
For the exact measurements and directions, scroll down to our recipe card below. But here are the main ingredients you will need:
- Large carrots: Peeled and cut into fries.
- Corn starch: This is important for crispiness.
- Spices: We used salt, paprika, cinnamon, and garlic powder.
- Brown sugar: Light or dark.
- Olive oil: Alternatively, you could use avocado oil or some other type that has a high smoke point.
How do you make air fryer carrot fries?
- Preheat: First, preheat your fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Combine: Meanwhile, add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Single layer: Next, put the carrots into the basket in a single layer without touching.
- Cook: Finally, cook them for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time.
- Serve: Lastly, remove and add some salt and pepper to the top of the carrots before serving.
- Chips instead of fries: Feel free to cut these into coins to make carrot chips instead of fries.
- Make them cheesy: Alternatively, sprinkle fresh parmesan cheese on the carrot sticks before cooking for a cheesy flavor.
- Other seasonings: You could also add a touch of onion powder, Italian seasoning, or dry ranch dressing.
- Fresh garlic: For a more robust garlic flavor, crush two fresh garlic cloves and add them to the oil mixture.
- Make them sweet: Use butter instead of oil and brown sugar and cinnamon instead of the other seasonings to make sweet carrots. Even picky eaters will love these!
- Bake: Alternatively, you could cook these in the oven at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Fry: If you are not worried about the oil factor, try deep frying these tasty sticks.
How to serve:
You can serve these carrot fries as a side dish, appetizer, or a tasty snack with your favorite dipping sauce. Or try one of these awesome ideas.
- Serve these crunchy fries with veggie burgers for a totally vegetarian meal.
- Alternatively, you could also serve them with a small dish of tangy honey mustard sauce or homemade yum yum sauce.
- In addition, you can sprinkle with chili powder and serve with a small bowl of ranch dressing.
- These fries are a great side dish with our saucy instant pot chicken parmesan or savory French onion chicken.
- Another way to serve is with these juicy hot dogs.
Frequently asked questions
What are some good dipping sauces for these air fryer carrots?
You can dip your carrot fries in just about anything you like from barbecue sauce to hot sauce. Some folks enjoy a bit of yogurt with lemon juice, spicy mayo, or ketchup with sriracha. Another great choice is some kind of salad dressing like ranch, creamy Italian, or blue cheese.
Can you dehydrate carrots in the air fryer?
Dehydrating any kind of fruit or vegetable in the fryer is simple and fast compared to a traditional dehydrator. The main thing to remember is that the slices have to be thin. Also, using baby carrots gives you a more sweet and tasty carrot chip.
Peel them, slice them into thin coins with a mandoline or sharp knife, and toss them in a small bowl with a bit of avocado oil or olive oil spray. Sprinkle them with a bit of sea salt and black pepper and put them in the air fryer basket. Then, cook at 285 degrees F for three minutes and they should be crispy and golden brown.
How do I preheat my fryer?
Many of the fryers on the market do not have a preheat setting so you have to do it yourself. It is pretty simple though. All you have to do is set it at whatever temperature the recipe calls for and let it cook for five minutes.
More Side Dishes:
How to store leftovers:
- Store: Once your crispy air fryer carrot fries are completely cool, put them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: If you cannot finish them in a few days, wrap them in plastic wrap and seal them in a freezer bag. They will be good in the freezer for up to 90 days.
- Thaw: Be sure to thaw these in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Reheat: To reheat, pop them in the microwave for a few minutes or in the broiler for five minutes. The cook time may vary depending on the number of carrot sticks you are heating.
- Your fries may take more or less time depending on your fryer.
- Try to cut the carrots into evenly sized French fry shapes so they will cook properly.
- Also, make sure they are in a single layer so the air can circulate around them for crispy carrot fries.
- Preheat your fryer for best results.
- Be sure to season them after they are done so the seasoning does not get blown away.
- Feel free to use less oil if you are on a weight loss diet.
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- 4 medium carrots (peeled & cut into fries)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Place carrots fries into the air fryer basket in a single layer and not touching. You may need to cook in batches this recipe.
- Air fry for 15-20 minutes, flipping the carrots halfway through. Cook until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of sea salt on top and your favorite dipping sauce.
CommentsLeave a reply