Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup is a no-fuss dish, creamy, hearty, and very easy to make! It is perfectly spiced that goes well with the fruit’s earthy flavor!
Autumn will never be complete without the soups that warm us up through winter! Let this recipe accompany you in those nights, along with our other fall recipes like the Sweet Potato Bread, Pecan Pie Bars, and Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes!
Crockpot Pumpkin Soup
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup smells amazing as it cooks. This dish capitalizes on the natural earthy and nutty taste of the pumpkin.
Spices like nutmeg and cinnamon complement this dish nicely and bring the fall flavors. Also, the aromatics and the curry paste make this dish more savory. And the peanut butter adds a nuttier flavor and a hint of sweetness to the naturally sweet fruit.
The crockpot does a good job at preparing dishes like this while you work on other things. That is the convenience that the crockpot brings and many recipes can be done using it.
Soup is just one of the common dishes that we can prepare using this versatile kitchen item. So, get your crockpot ready, and let’s get cooking!
How to make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
- Sauté: In a skillet, sauté the aromatics in olive oil until the onions turn translucent. Then, add in the curry paste. Add in a mixture of the peanut butter with a small amount of the broth. Add in the pumpkin and sauté.
- Cook: Then, transfer everything into the crockpot. Add broth, salt, and spices. Set to cook for 4 to 6 hours on LOW until everything is mushy.
- Blend: Transfer everything into a heat-resistant blender and process until smooth. Also, you can use an immersion blender or stick blender so you can blend it in the pot directly.
- Cook further: Allow the soup to heat up again by putting it back to the pot.
- Serve: Add in the cream and garnish before serving.
Can you add other toppings to Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup?
Sure, you can! Simply add any of the following suggested toppings for more crunch and flavor:
- green onions
- bacon bits
- fried shallots
Can I make it spicy?
Yes! I like it spicy to compensate for the cold weather. I add more of the cayenne pepper.
Can you make it in advance?
Yes! What you can do is to simply follow the storage instructions and reheat it. It still tastes good even after freezing, if not better!
Or, what you can do is to make a huge batch of this, store the leftovers, and reheat when needed.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
The best partner for a hearty dish like this is a slice of bread that you will use to mop it off your plate. Any kind will do but for texture balance, serve something crusty.
How to store it:
- Refrigerate: Allow it to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: This can be frozen well by first allowing it to cool completely then, transferring it to a roomy freezer-proof container. You need enough headspace to allow it to expand. Then, freeze for 2 to 3 months. Do not freeze with the dairy in it. Stir it in upon reheating.
- To reheat: Simply thaw first overnight, then, reheat on the stove. This is the only time that you will add in the cream.
- If you are cutting some calories, then, substitute the cream with low-fat yogurt or milk. It will still be creamy without much of the calories.
- You can add in celery, carrots, or potato in it. They add more variation and nutrition without altering the taste as much.
- Carve out a bread bowl and pour in the soup for a nice presentation.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup is a no-fuss dish, creamy, hearty, and very easy to make!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 8 hours Total time: 8 hrs 15 mins
Roast the Pumpkin - optional:
Make the Soup: