Crockpot White Chicken Chili is the best way to make chili because the slow cooker does the cooking so easy! This is healthier comfort food at its best.
Making chili in the slow cooker is very rewarding. Not only is it simple to make, but you are guaranteed to end up with the best and very flavorful meal. We also love Instant Pot Chili, homemade baked beans, and chicken enchiladas.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
This Crockpot White Chicken Chili is absolutely amazing and is one of the easiest dishes you can make. It has a creamy texture, delicious taste, and healthy ingredients. Similarly, you end up with a lot of time to work on something else while it cooks. Simply, put all the ingredients in the pot, cover it and let it slowly cook to perfection.
This is one of those amazing dump-and-go crockpot chili recipes. It’s ultra-cozy and hearty, and once you prepare your ingredients, you will end up with plenty of time to enjoy most of the afternoon or evening.
We love to serve it as is with some tortilla, and cilantro on top. This dish is perfect to make for lunch, dinner, pot-luck, game day, or to host a larger party. It also stores well, and leftovers are just as delicious!
How Do You Make Crockpot White Chicken Chili?
- First, make sure to drain and rinse the beans. You want to control the flavor and salt content in it, therefore it is best to rinse the beans.
- Then, add the chicken to the pot. You can use cooked shredded chicken, but also you can use thawed uncooked meat. You can use breasts or thighs based on preference. If thighs are used, ensure they are boneless and skinless.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot including the stock. For a thick chili texture, you can use just one cup of stock. However, we like to use 2 cups for the best results and texture.
- Lastly set the time and let it slowly cook and do its magic. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Serve warm, and top it with fresh cilantro, tortilla strips, or sour cream.
Can I make it Crockpot White Chicken Chili spicier?
For a spicier kick, add some extra sliced jalapeno peppers or roast 2 poblano peppers and add to the pot. When adding the poblano peppers, make sure to rub away the skin, remove the seeds and membranes, then coarsely chop. It is best to add to the pepper at the beginning of cooking.
What are some great toppings for this dish?
We enjoy this meal as it is with simple toppings like tortilla chips or cilantro. The base of this chili is mild in flavor so it mixes well with plenty of toppings. Some other favorites are:
- Sour cream
- Monterey Jack cheese or any other cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Pickled jalapeno
- Fresh lime juice
More Game Day Favorites:
- Mac and cheese balls
- Fried chicken
- Oven barbecue ribs
- Bacon cheddar ranch pinwheels
- Buffalo crack chicken dip
- Spinach artichoke dip
- We use a 7-quart slow cooker to make this crockpot white chili chicken because we love to cook a larger portion size. However, a smaller version works just as fine, just divide all the ingredients in half and cook as directed.
- In addition, you can use rotisserie chicken in this recipe. Just make sure to add it towards the end of the cooking process since it’s already cooked.
- The beans should be rinsed and drained prior to use. As discussed above, it is best to have them clean and to control the saltiness on your own.
- If planning on hosting a party or event, the soup can stay on the “warm” function of your Slow Cooker. Then, the guests or family members can grab a warm bowl whenever they want during the game.
- The chili will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or 3 months frozen.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 5 hours Total time: 5 hrs 15 mins
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken meat
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeño (seeded and minced)
- 2 15oz. cans white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15oz. can sweet corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1 4.5oz. can green chiles (optional for extra spiciness)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 lime zested and juiced
To be added later:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Extra cheese
- Sour cream
- Corn chips
- Add the shredded chicken meat to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with the white beans, green chiles, minced jalapeño, diced onion, minced garlic, sweet corn, dried thyme, dried parsley, salt, pepper, lime juice, lime zest, and red pepper flakes. Add chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- When there are 30 minutes of cooking remaining, in a small cup mix cream and cornstarch until combined and add the mixture to the slow cooker. Also, stir in sour cream and shredded cheese until melted and fully combined.
- Cover and cook for extra 30 minutes on high.
- Optional: using an immersion blender, puree a portion of the chili, about 1/2, to thicken it even more.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.