Last updated on April 29th, 2022 at 04:47 pmJump to Recipe
Best Triple Chocolate Pound Cake
Triple Chocolate Pound Cake is the best chocolate cake you can have. It is rich in chocolate, moist and flavorful, indulging, and topped with honey-roasted figs. This Chocolate Cake makes for an easy, decadent and stunning dessert.
Triple Chocolate Pound Cake is hands down one of the best-loaded Chocolate Cakes that I have ever made. The cake has cacao powder, a hefty amount of chocolate chips, melted the dark chocolate and topped with figs, that makes it a perfect desert for chocolate lovers.
Also, the honey-roasted figs on top blend well with the chocolate, and give the cake a nice fruity balance that is not overpowering. Their creaminess and tenderness work well in this rich and scrumptious dessert. It is simply delicious, tender and not overly sweet.
In addition, the figs may be a bit bland when served raw, but after you cook them in honey and butter they start to shine. The honey adds just the right amount of sweetness, and we all know that anything cooked in butter is amazingly rich and good.
Pin This Triple Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe to your Favorite Board
Tips On How To Make Triple Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe:
- Use quality Chocolate – since chocolate is the main ingredient here, make sure you use quality cocoa powder and chocolate.
- Also, use larger chocolate chips, as they don’t fully melt when baked and are amazing when you bite into them!
- You can control the sweetness level by using semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate in this recipe
- Use fresh figs that are not fully ripening, to the pint of being mushy. Since the figs will be cooked they need to maintain a nice visual form.
Why You’ll Love This Triple Chocolate Pound Cake:
- It is rich and chocolaty this is a show stopper dessert
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last-minute dessert
How Long Will Triple Chocolate Pound Cake Stay Fresh?
The cake can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 4-5 days.
Can You Store and Freeze it?
Absolutely! This cake freezes well. First, cool the cake completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Defrost before slicing.
Triple Chocolate Pound Cake
Triple Chocolate Pound Cake:
- 2 sticks butter room temperature, plus some for greasing the pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 10 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Honey Roasted Figs:
- 1 pint fresh figs halved
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch loaf pan with butter.
- In medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa and set aside.
- Pour heavy cream into a microwavable dish and add 5 ounces of chocolate to it. Microwave for 40 seconds, stir and microwave again for 30 seconds and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and combined with the cream. The mixture must be well combined and shiny. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the wire attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minutes. Add the eggs one a time, beating well on medium - low speed, after each addition. With the motor running on low, add the flour mixture followed by the chocolate mixture. Mix on low until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 10 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the cake, it should come out clean. Start checking at the 50 minutes mark as every oven is different.
- Once baked, cool the pound cake in the pan for 30 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the pound cake has cooled, fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil and let the water simmer, choose a heat safe bowl that would sit nicely over the sauce pan and add the remaining 5 ounces of chopped chocolate to it.
- The bowl should not come into contact with the water in the saucepan as this can cause overheating. Remove the bowl from the saucepan while there are still a couple of small lumps of un-melted chocolate, stir until completely melted and smooth. If there are a few lumps that didn't melt just put the bowl back over the saucepan of hot water for a minute or two and stir again.
- Pour melted chocolate over the pound cake.
Honey Roasted Figs:
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and stem the figs and slice in half. In a large bowl combined figs with melted butter and honey, gently mix until the figs fully coated into the honey butter mixture.
- Arrange the figs side up in a baking dish and drizzle the remaining honey butter mixture from the bowl on top of the figs.
- Roast for about 10-15 minutes. The figs should not be too soft or mushy; you must be able to pick them up with your fingers.
- Place some of the figs on top of the cake, and set the others aside on a dish to serve with the pound cake.
- Serve the pound cake with vanilla ice cream and top with honey roasted figs.
Enjoy weekly hand picked recipes and recommendations