Pineapple Fluff Recipe [Video]
Last updated on December 20th, 2022 at 04:08 pm
Pineapple Fluff is the most incredible fluffy and creamy treat you have ever had, made with pineapple, coconut, and crunchy pecans. If you love pineapple, this delicious treat gives you all the pineapple flavor with nothing weighing you down. We use whipped topping to make this dish light and it only counts as three Weight Watchers points!
For another creamy dessert, try our no-bake Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Salad made with strawberry yogurt and cheesecake pudding mix. Another delicious fruit dessert your family will love is this Instant Pot Apple Cake made with fresh apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
So, where did pineapple fluff originate? There is no clear evidence to show where it came from or when it started but we do know that it is a traditional American side dish or dessert that everyone seems to have heard of.
Because it is so easy to make and tastes so delicious, you will see it at many of your family gatherings or potluck dinners. Also, it is Weight Watchers friendly, so you do not have to feel guilty for eating it, even if you have seconds.
Also known as pineapple fluff salad, this light, and fluffy pineapple dessert is easy to make and fun to eat. You can add or omit whatever you like to make it your own, add it to a pie crust, or use it as a whipped topping. If you are looking for more no-bake desserts to try, we have plenty of them on our food blog.
Gather the ingredients below to make this pineapple fluff recipe. When you are ready to begin, scroll down to our printable recipe card where you can find detailed measurements and instructions.
- Crushed pineapple: Do not drain.
- Mini marshmallows
- Sweetened shredded coconut flakes: Toasted coconut would be perfect.
- Whipped topping: Such as Cool Whip.
- Cream cheese: Softened to room temperature.
- Lime: Juiced and zested.
- Powdered sugar: Or confectioners’ sugar.
- Chopped pecans
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Maraschino cherries
How to make Pineapple fluff from scratch?
- Mix: First, combine the crushed pineapple (including the juice) and dry pudding mix in a large bowl before stirring in the pecans, coconut flakes, and marshmallows.
- Make stiff ribbon-like peaks: After, in the bowl of your stand fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the powdered sugar, lime zest and juice, and whipped cream until you have stiff peaks.
- Beat cream cheese: Then, in another big bowl, stir together cream cheese with an electric mixer before adding it to the cream topping mixture.
- Chill: Next, gently fold the cream mixture into the fluff mixture and cover the bowl with plastic wrap before you chill for at least two hours in the fridge.
- Top and serve: Finally, top with maraschino cherries, pineapple chunks, and more whipped cream or Cool Whip to serve.
- Fresh pineapple: You can also use fresh pineapple, but you will need to add about 1/2 cup of pineapple juice as well.
- Different juice: Instead of lime zest and juice, you can use lemon juice and zest.
- Cottage cheese: Substitute half of the heavy cream with cottage cheese for a healthier and heartier delicious dish.
- Pretzel mixture: Mix pretzels instead of nuts but wait to stir them in until right before serving or they will get soggy.
- Coconut cream: Use coconut cream pudding mix instead of vanilla pudding for a more tropical flavor.
- Add extracts: In fact, you can also use coconut extract or rum extract in your easy pineapple fluff for more tropical flavors.
- Other pudding flavors: Feel free to substitute other pudding flavors such as lemon, strawberry, or even chocolate.
- Other fruit: You can also use other fruit in the mix including mandarin oranges, peaches, or strawberries.
- Pink fluff: Turn it into pink fluff by adding cherry pie filling and sweetened condensed milk.
How to serve:
Pineapple fluff is the perfect dessert for those hot summer days at the pool, backyard BBQs, or any day you have a craving for something sweet and tangy.
- Why not add a dollop of this fluff to the top of a bowl of our no-churn pineapple ice cream for extra pineapple flavor?
- While you are at it, go ahead and add a spoonful of fresh pineapple tidbits on top.
- Instead of Cool Whip, try our easy recipe for homemade whipped cream.
- Toss a handful of chocolate chips on top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup for chocolate lovers to enjoy.
- Serve this delicious delight as a side dish to any kind of pork or chicken dinner.
- This is simply amazing on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- You can also use this pineapple fluff as a dip for fruit, veggies, or vanilla wafers.
Frequently asked questions
What kind of crust is best with this fluff?
Try this crushed pretzel crust by mixing one cup of crushed pretzels with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Press it into the bottom of a pan and bake it for seven minutes before letting it cool completely on a wire rack. Then, fill it with the chilled pineapple fluff.
How can I make my own crushed pineapple tidbits from fresh pineapple?
First, chop your pineapple into cubes or chunks of about one inch. Then, add them to your blender or food processor and set them to chop for 30 seconds. Continue to pulse and chop until the pineapple pieces are the size and texture you are looking for. If you do not have a blender or food processor, use your hand mixer.
What is the difference between stabilized whipped cream and regular whipped topping?
Regular whipped topping is lighter and fluffier than Cool Whip or other stabilized cream. The main difference is the gelatin. When adding just a teaspoon of gelatin, will keep the whipped topping from losing its shape or melting.
Plain, unflavored gelatin will keep your topping peaked for several days in the fridge. Whereas regular whipped topping is just filled with air and will flatten out quickly.
What are the nutrition facts in this recipe?
In each serving of pineapple fluff, you will get 160 calories, 25 grams of carbohydrates, and 6 grams of fat with 2 grams of saturated fat. Also, 1 milligram of cholesterol, and 23 grams of sugar. On the other hand, you also get 27 milligrams of calcium, 5 milligrams of vitamin C, and 45 units of vitamin A.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: You can store covered pineapple fluff in the fridge for up to seven days.
- Freeze: Actually, not only can you freeze this pineapple fluff, but you can also eat it frozen. In fact, frozen pineapple fluff is a thing! Just put it in a freezer-safe container with an airtight cover and it will stay fresh for one month.
- Thaw: Thaw for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
More no-bake recipes:
- Be sure to use the entire can of pineapples including the juice for best results.
- Make sure you get the pineapples in juice instead of syrup. This is already sweetened enough.
- The pineapple fluff prep time is just minutes when you use canned pineapple, vanilla instant pudding, and crushed pretzels. It takes just a few minutes to prepare, and you can serve immediately or chill, depending on your time schedule.
- You can use any kind of nuts you like in this dish or not use them at all.
- Add pineapple fluff to adult beverages like pina Coladas or pineapple daiquiri.
In addition, make this recipe of berry cheesecake salad with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries in minutes without having to turn on the oven at all! Peach cheesecake salad is another easy recipe made with cheesecake pudding mix and yogurt.
- 3.4 oz package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple (don't drain)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup heavy cream (cold)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Maraschino cherries (for garnish)
- Add the instant vanilla pudding and crushed pineapple including the juice, to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the mini marshmallows, coconut flakes, and pecans, and stir to combine.
- Next, add the whipping cream, lime juice, lime zest, and powdered sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on low speed, after increasing to medium speed, until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, using the stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, and after that combine it with the whipped cream.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pineapple mixture, and stir well until fully combined.
- After that, chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
CommentsLeave a reply