Last updated on January 24th, 2022 at 05:21 pm
Instant Pot Egg Casserole is the perfect way to enjoy a hearty breakfast. The mouthwatering flavors of garlic, paprika, and onions with eggs, hashbrowns, and spinach taste great topped with bacon and cheese. Your taste buds will thank you for every bite of this amazing dish.
If you are looking for another instant pot recipe to use, try our Egg Bites made with cheddar cheese and garlic or this savory Chicken Pot Pie flavored with sour cream and chicken thighs. Looking for soup? Try our Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Soup with cream cheese and ranch dressing.
For an easy breakfast that is incredibly filling and delicious, this crustless quiche is the perfect way to start any day. It does not have to be used as a breakfast item though.
This tasty casserole can be served for lunch, dinner, or anytime you want a nice comfort food. In addition, you can use any ingredients you have in the fridge. For example, you can make it with leftover chopped ham or shredded chicken.
Also, you can sauté some bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and add them into the mixture! Make it vegetarian, or with meat, the recipe is very customizable.
You can scroll down to the bottom of this page for exact measurements on our recipe card but here are the main ingredients you need for this delicious casserole dish:
- Large eggs: At room temperature.
- Half and half: Or heavy cream.
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic cloves: Minced.
- Smoked paprika
- Hashbrowns: Frozen works best.
- Spinach: I used two handfuls of fresh spinach.
- Green onions: Chopped.
- Bacon bits: Freshly cooked or store-bought.
- Cheddar cheese: Freshly shredded for best results.
- Cup of water: For the bottom of the pot.
How to make instant pot egg casserole recipe?
- Whisk: First, Whisk the eggs and cream before adding the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic in a large bowl or medium mixing bowl and set aside for later.
- Meal prep: Meanwhile, spray a springform pan, cake pan, or another oven-safe pan with olive oil or some other non-stick cooking spray so the casserole does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Layer ingredients. After, put the hashbrowns on the bottom and season with salt and pepper. Then, add the spinach, onion, bacon, and cheese before pouring the egg mixture on top.
- Electric pressure cooker: Then, prepare your cooker by pouring in one cup water and placing a trivet at the bottom. Cover your pan with aluminum foil before using a sling to lower it into the pot.
- Pressure cook: Next, cover and seal the lid before setting it to high pressure for 22 minutes.
- Natural release: After, allow the natural pressure release for 10 minutes before venting.
- Serve: Finally, open the pot and use your sling to remove the pan. Cut and serve.
How to serve:
Serve this easy instant pot breakfast casserole warm with a variety of toppings like extra bacon bits or cheese. You may also like one of these serving suggestions:
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top for extra creaminess.
- Another topping for this easy recipe is our thick and creamy homemade alfredo sauce.
- Serve with a side of tater tots for a more filling breakfast.
- You could also serve this as a side dish to any entrée like our savory grilled steak.
- This dish goes great with a mozzarella arugula salad, side salad, or BLT salad.
Frequently asked questions
Why is my egg casserole rubbery?
Some instant pot recipes do not take into account the high moisture veggies or meat. Sauté the vegetables first to help remedy this situation and pat them dry with a paper towel before cooking.
You can also use a paper towel under the foil to catch extra moisture.
How can I thicken my casserole?
If your casserole is too runny, give it a few minutes to thicken up since it gets thicker as it cools. If you still are not satisfied with the texture, add a roux made with flour and butter.
You could also use cornstarch slurry or even just pour out the extra moisture.
How do you know when your casserole is done?
Following the recipe instructions should work but some pots are not as fast as others.
If the recipe you are using happens to be made with a faster pot, you may need to check the temperature with an instant read thermometer. It should be at 160 degrees F before removing.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where they will last for several days.
- Freeze: Freezing the leftovers is also easy. Just put the container into the freezer for up to three months.
- Thaw: For best results, thaw the leftovers overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Reheat: Use a microwave, oven, or air fryer to reheat your thawed leftovers.
More breakfast recipes:
Instant Pot Egg Casserole
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen hashbrowns
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup bacon bits (or browned chopped bacon)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs and the half and half with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic. Set aside.
- Spray an oven safe 7-inch dish that fits inside your Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper the hashbrowns and add them to the prepared pan.
- Then layer on the spinach, green onions, bacon bits, and cheddar cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of everything.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place a trivet inside the pot.
- Cover the casserole dish loosely with foil. Use a foil sling to lower the pan into the Instant Pot, onto the trivet.
- Secure and lock the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes on high pressure.
- After pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting to quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the pot and carefully remove the pan. Discard the foil. Optionally, sprinkle some cheese on top and place the casserole under your oven’s broiler for a couple minutes.