Air fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast is loaded with a creamy filling and flavored with a delicious seasoning blend so you enjoy a burst of flavor in every tender bite. Crispy on the outside and succulent inside, this air-fryer stuffed chicken breast is delectable.
Another delicious meal similar to this one, Air-Fryer Chicken and Broccoli is gluten-free and made with chicken thighs seasoned with hoisin sauce and honey. For something a little lighter, our Air-Fryer Falafel with pita bread and cucumber is delightful for any time of day.
For the best air fryer stuffed chicken breasts you have ever had, you need to try this great recipe. Made with tender chicken breasts coated in Italian seasoning, stuffed with a rich filling, and air-fried to a perfect golden brown outside, this quick dinner is perfect for the whole family.
These air fryer stuffed chicken breasts are low in saturated fat and high in protein as well as flavor so you can eat them every night if you want to. The creamy filling is made with a blend of savory cheeses, spinach, and spices.
For something spicy, this Air-Fryer Jalapeno Poppers recipe would be a great snack for game day.
These are the basic ingredients for this air fryer stuffed chicken recipe. Scroll down to the recipe card for step-by-step directions and proper measurement.
- Chicken breasts: Boneless skinless chicken breasts work the best.
- Olive oil: We used extra virgin olive oil.
- Herbs and spices: Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, dried basil, and paprika.
- Cream cheese: Softened and room temperature.
- Grated parmesan: Freshly grated is best.
- Grated mozzarella cheese: Again, freshly grated for best results.
- Fresh spinach: Chopped.
- Garlic: Minced.
- Red pepper flakes: To taste.
How to make air fryer stuffed chicken recipe?
- Prepare: First, put the chicken breasts on your cutting board and cut a pocket into the side of each one before coating both sides with olive oil.
- Seasoning: Then, mix the onion powder, basil, garlic powder, paprika, and half a teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl before sprinkling it evenly over both sides of each chicken breast.
- Make the filling: Next, mix the remaining salt, red pepper, garlic, spinach, parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Stuff the chicken: After, stuff the cream cheese mixture into the pocket of each of the chicken breasts.
- Preheat: Meanwhile, preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F for five minutes.
- Cook: Then, put the chicken breasts into the air fryer in a single layer. You may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry: Lastly, air fry your stuffed chicken breast for 15 to 20 minutes. Your instant-read thermometer should read an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when they are done.
- Serve: Finally, let the air-fryer stuffed chicken rest for five minutes before serving.
How to make stuffed chicken in the oven:
- Preheat: First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish or sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Make the pockets: Meanwhile, use a knife to cut pockets into your chicken breasts large enough to hold the filling and coat them in olive oil.
- Season: Then, combine the onion powder, basil, garlic powder, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Coat both sides of each of the chicken breasts.
- Make the creamy filling: Next, mix up the rest of the salt, pepper, garlic, spinach, and all three of the cheeses in a bowl before stuffing it into each of the chicken breasts.
- Cook stuffed chicken breast: Lastly, put the stuffed chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish and bake it at 375 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes. A meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken should read 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Rest and serve: Finally, serve these scrumptious stuffed chicken breasts after letting them rest for five minutes.
How to serve:
This air fryer stuffed chicken breast recipe may be just the one you are looking for if you are searching for a new air-fryer chicken recipe. You can make these delicious stuffed chicken breasts in less than 30 minutes of cooking time. Here are some other serving suggestions:
- Serve with a delicious salad like our pear salad.
- Another great way to serve this stuffed chicken breast is with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Top with tangy homemade marinara sauce and extra parmesan for an Italian-style meal.
- You can even stuff these with tuna or some other kind of fish you like.
- Try these tasty baked parmesan zucchini fries on the side.
- Top with mushrooms and garlic butter for extra flavor.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best temperature to cook chicken at?
If you are roasting your stuffed chicken breasts in the oven, it is best to start them at a high temperature and then turn it down to cook the inside.
For example, you can start your chicken at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes and then turn it down to 350 degrees F for another 10 minutes or so, depending on the size of your serving.
Is air fryer stuffed chicken breast healthy?
Skinless chicken breasts are the healthiest part of the chicken and are also one of the most nutritious meats you can eat. According to the nutrition information, your stuffed chicken is low carb, low in saturated fat, and each serving has 52 grams of protein.
Air fryer stuffed chicken breasts are also a good source of vitamin A, potassium, and calcium. You can reduce calories and unsaturated fat by using low-fat cream cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Can I cook anything in the air fryer?
Air fryers have become very popular, leading to an increasing variety of different styles, models, and cooking abilities. Some of the older air fryers are small and just do good air frying simple foods while others let you bake or dehydrate.
Basically, anything that fits in your air fryer can be air-fried. However, grilled cheese or something with very wet batter will not turn out as great as it would in a fryer. These air-fryer stuffed chicken breasts are just one example of what your air fryer cooks.
Is stuffed chicken breast keto-friendly?
Yes, being low carb, you can eat this stuffed chicken breast even if you are on a keto diet. In each serving, you only get four grams of carbohydrates. It is also high in protein as well as other vitamins and minerals mentioned above.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: If you have any leftover air fryer stuffed chicken, it will stay fresh in the refrigerator in an airtight container for three days.
- Freeze: You can also freeze your air fryer stuffed chicken for up to three months.
- Thaw: Although you can cook your stuffed chicken breasts while they are still frozen, it is best to take them out of the freezer and put them in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- Reheat: Put your leftovers in a dish and reheat them in the microwave for one minute.
More easy chicken dinners:
Air-fryer Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Pat dry the meat and place it on a cutting board.
- Next, using a sharp knife cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Use the oil to brush both sides of the chicken.
- In a small bowl combine paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, basil, and onion powder.
- Sprinkle the mixture equally over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it in.
- After that, in a medium bowl combine cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, garlic, red pepper flakes, and remaining salt. Stir well to combine.
- Stuff the mixture into each chicken breast.
- Next, transfer the chicken breasts into a greased air fryer basket in a single layer. If needed cook in batches.
- Air fry at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crispy. A thermometer inserted into the center into the thickest part of the meat should read 165 degrees.
- Keep cooked chicken, covered in foil, and cook the next batch.