Last updated on May 18th, 2022 at 06:39 pm
Air Fryer Shrimp Dinner is great for seafood lovers pairing extra-large shrimp with sausage, zucchini, peppers, and Cajun seasoning. The best part about this dinner is that you can make it with any size prawns whether it is fresh or frozen.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try our Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp made with panko bread crumbs, sriracha, and sweet chili sauce. Another great way to eat shrimp is by using our Bacon Wrapped Shrimp recipe with brown sugar and paprika. Also, this Cobb Salad is a delicious meal filled with vegetables, bacon, and shrimp.
This is one of those great recipes that are perfect for busy weeknights because it is so easy and fast. It is also an easy way to have fried prawns without deep frying and with less oil.
This delicious meal will be one of your family’s favorite recipes, especially if they enjoy spicy food. This is one of the easy prawn recipes that turns juicy shrimp into crunchy shrimp with a kick of spiciness.
Check more of our air fryer recipes, you will find something for everyone, from delicious dinners, desserts to outstanding breakfast, side dishes, and snacks!
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to get the exact measurements from our recipe card. But here are the main ingredients you need for this easy air fryer shrimp recipe.
- Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Extra jumbo shrimp: Raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned.
- Andouille sausage or kielbasa: Fully cooked and sliced.
- Medium zucchini or yellow squash: Sliced into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons.
- Bell peppers: Seeded and cut into thin 1-inch pieces.
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
How do you make air fryer shrimp dinner from scratch?
- Preheat: First, preheat the fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Mix: Meanwhile, mix the seasoning, garlic powder, and paprika in a large bowl with the prawns. Toss it to coat it evenly.
- Add: Next, add the peppers, zucchini, sausage, oil, and salt. Toss shrimp and vegetables until coated.
- Cook: Then, place the prawns in the basket and cook for eight minutes, shaking twice.
- Continue cooking: After it is done, set aside the fried prawns and vegetables while you cook the rest. You will probably have to cook in batches depending on how big your basket is.
- Reheat: Meanwhile, if the first batch gets cold, reheat it for one minute before mixing with the other half to serve.
- Serve: Once it is all cooked and warm, serve with cocktail sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
How to serve:
Serve this perfect shrimp dinner as a main dish or a side for one of those quick weeknight dinners that your family loves. Or try one of these ideas:
- This dish goes perfectly with our homemade Bang Bang sauce turning it into Bang Bang shrimp.
- Add some buffalo sauce to the table for your family to use as a dip.
- Squirt a bit of lime juice on the finished dinner just before serving.
- Another great sauce to use is Yum Yum sauce.
- Leftover shrimp can be used for salads, casseroles, or used to make an easy fried rice dish.
- These also go great with a side of French fries.
Frequently asked questions
How long do you cook shrimp in the air fryer?
Depending on whether it is battered, frozen, or fresh, your shrimp should take less than 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
For fresh shrimp that is not battered, set it for five minutes and then flip it before cooking it for another three minutes.
For battered or frozen, flip it after six minutes and cook for another four minutes. Make sure it is completely done on the inside before eating.
The cooking time varies depending on the make and model of your fryer as well.
Can I use a paper towel in the air fryer?
Using paper towels in the air fryer is not recommended because not only will it block the air from circulation, but it also creates a fire risk.
Rather than using a paper towel, use parchment paper with holes made especially for this use. You could also use foil, but you have to use it a certain way.
Can I use aluminum foil?
Before putting foil in your fryer, check the instruction manual that came with it. The key is to not cover the holes so the air can circulate.
Just use a small piece of foil to keep that from happening. You could wrap your food in foil if it is small enough or just put a small piece of foil at the bottom making sure not to cover the holes.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: Put leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge where they will be good for up to three days.
- Freeze: If you want to freeze your leftovers, wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them in a freezer bag. These will store safely for up to 90 days.
- Thaw: Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving for best results.
- Reheat: Reheat in the fryer for three minutes at 400 degrees F.
More air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Shrimp Dinner
- 1 pound extra-jumbo shrimp (about 24 shrimp - cleaned and peeled)
- 6 ounces fully cooked Andouille sausage (or kielbasa, sliced)
- 2 medium zucchini (8 ounces, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half-moons)
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and cut into thin 1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, toss well, to coat uniformly in seasoning.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket in one layer and cook 8-12 minutes, shaking the basket 2 to 3 times. You may need to cook this in batches.
- Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm, repeat with remaining shrimp and veggies.
- Serve with lemon on the side.