Sticky Red Wine Glazed Wings are the perfect combo of sweet, savory and boozy finger-licking food. Especially when served with the wine of the side.
Sticky Red Wine Glazed Wings are actually wings covered in a delicious red wine sticky glaze, that will make everyone lick their fingers clean. You need to buy some good chicken wings for this dish as they are the star. Also, you need good wine, as that’s what you will be covering them into.
The glaze is made with just a few ingredients: wine, sugar, molasses and tomatoes, a few minutes on the stove and you are about to impress your guests.
I love using good quality wings for this recipe, as they are the main ingredients here. So, feel free to go with them once you like most. In addition, I go with decent wine here to cover and gaze them. Therefore, try using a decent wine as well, as it will reflect in the taste of the dish. The glaze is made with just a few ingredients: wine, sugar, molasses and tomatoes, a few minutes by the stove and you are about to impress your guests.
Tips and Tricks for the perfect Sticky Red Wine Glazed Wings :
- Start with organic chicken, using high-quality meat, is always the best
- You can use any red wine for this recipe. However, I haven’t tried it with white wine
- Fresh thyme is optional, but it adds a nice pop of color
- Taste the red wine glaze and adjust for salt as you please, as everyone’s taste is so different
- If you want the glaze to be spicier add more hot sauce
- The garlic is optional, it adds a nice savory flavor
- The glaze can be used on other meats, like ham and pork
Cheers to a good football season and I hope you found some inspiration for your Big Game Party! For more delicious ideas check my Appetizers page!
Sticky Red Wine Glazed Wings
Sticky Red Wine Glazed Wings are the perfect combo of sweet and savory finger food, with the wings covered in a flavorful red wine glaze.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 55 mins