Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is made with chicken breasts cooked slowly but surely in a mixture of ranch and cheese! It is creamy, flavorful, and so easy to make!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is easy to make with just a few common ingredients and a few easy steps! Anyone who can operate the crockpot can easily make this recipe!
It is a great way to enjoy the white meat. With the incorporation of the sauce, this recipe is a great cooking option for the white meat which often dries out faster than other parts.
The creamy sauce in this recipe is unlike any other! Made of ranch and cheeses that pair so perfectly with the bacon. It goes well with a variety of side options for a hearty dinner! The crispy bacon that gets mixed in is chewy and adds the perfect smoky flavor.
The best part is that it cooks while you go deal with some other things, totally hands off! That’s the beauty of learning the art of slow cooking. You can make dinner while you are busy with something else and that makes this dinner practical.
Not only that, it is quite affordable, too, as no fancy ingredient is actually required. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
What is crack chicken?
It is shredded chicken meat in a mixture of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, seasoned with ranch dry mix, garlic powder and with some crispy bacon strips stirred in.
Is slow cooker crack chicken keto?
The great news is that this dish is low-carb and also since it has a good amount of fat, it is keto-friendly. Note though, the ranch seasoning packet contains about one gram of carbs even when no mention of added carbs was made in this recipe.
The total carbs per serving are about 7 grams but keep in mind, you should not serve it on buns, opt for lettuce wraps.
How do you make crockpot crack chicken?
Feel free to watch the short video tutorial attached above. The general steps are as follows:
- Combine: Simply add all the ingredients to the crockpot.
- Cook: You have a few options here. You can set the cooking temperature to HIGH and cook for 4 hours. Another option is to set it to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours. The end result should be meat that is tender enough to shred easily.
- Shred: With a fork or spoon, remove the breasts to a plate and shred. Then, put the shredded meat back into the crockpot.
- Stir: Next, stir the meat so it is covered evenly in the sauce and let it stand in the mixture to absorb it. At this point, add the bacon.
- Serve: Add more bacon, garnish with green onions, and serve as you prefer. The Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken can be served on a hamburger bund, in wraps, on top of a salad, on pasta or even rice.
What to use instead of Ranch?
An alternative would be your own homemade version of the seasoning by combining dried herbs of parsley, chives, and dill with kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. If you are missing the creaminess, you can add buttermilk powder.
How do you make crack chicken in the Instant Pot
If you are in a hurry, you will benefit from our Instant Pot version of the recipe. Check it out, with many delicious reviews and millions of views on Facebook, this recipe is always a winner.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Storing Recommendations:
- Refrigerate: You may simply keep it in the refrigerator for three days, in an airtight container. It is important for it to be cooled down completely before storing it.
- Freeze: You can easily make a larger batch and freeze some for later. All you need to do is wait until it cools down to room temperature, transfer to freezer bags, and lay flat in the freezer. Kept well, this may last for three months.
- Reheat: To reheat, thaw and pop it in the microwave oven.
What to serve with crack chicken
The most popular way to enjoy this dish is to make it into a sandwich using your favorite bread. Here are some more suggestions on how to serve this sumptuous dish:
- on top of pasta
- in lettuce wraps
- in baked potatoes
- with rice, quinoa, or couscous
- as a dip to your favorite crackers
- You can add in some broth or milk in order to thin out the consistency and serve as a sauce for pasta.
- To cook perfectly crispy bacon, roast the strips in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- You may use thighs instead of breasts as these are more flavorful and juicier.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 4 hours Total time: 4 hrs 10 mins
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 packets (1 oz each) dry Ranch seasoning
- 8 oz bacon (cooked crispy and crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Serve on burger buns
- Extra cooked bacon
- Chopped green onions
- In a slow cooker combine chicken, cream cheese, Ranch seasoning, garlic powder, and cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours, until chicken is tender and it shreds easily.
- Once the chicken is tender enough, stir it with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and gets combined with all the ingredients.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
- Serve on buns with extra bacon on top and chopped green onions.