Knorr Spinach Dip is a creamy and gooey mix of sour cream, mayo, and Knorr vegetable mix along with some chestnuts, and scallions. It is loaded with healthy ingredients as well as extremely good flavor. This cold spinach dip recipe is absolutely perfect for a holiday party.
Another delicious way to make a party dip is with this Spinach Artichoke Dip made with artichoke hearts and surrounded by fluffy rolls. Or make this Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip with chicken broth and sour cream.
This is such a fantastic party dip that you can use it for any holiday party, the super bowl, or any game day, or just for an afterschool snack for the kids.
The original recipe made with a packet of Knorr vegetable mix is given a bit of crunch and extra flavor with chopped chestnuts.
You will not find this easy recipe in most recipe books, but it is so simple, why not try it out? It takes less than five minutes to make this great dip, and you can make it your own by adding whatever optional ingredient you like.
For the step-by-step instructions, scroll down to our recipe card at the bottom of the page. Otherwise, here are the basic ingredients for this Knorr’s spinach dip:
- Sour cream: Full fat is best, but you can use light.
- Mayonnaise: Regular or light.
- Water chestnuts: Drained and chopped.
- Scallions: Thinly sliced.
- Knorr vegetable mix: Or some other brand will do in a pinch.
- Frozen package of spinach: Cooked, chopped, and squeezed dry.
- Veggies and bread: For serving.
How do you make Knorr spinach dip recipe?
- Prepare: First, combine everything except the spinach in a large bowl.
- Mix: Next, using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the spinach gently to distribute it all.
- Serve: Finally, let the dip chill for a couple of hours before serving for best results.
How to serve:
This is one of the easiest appetizers to make and all you need is a few simple ingredients. You can serve this with any kind of finger food from bread to vegetables. Here are some other serving suggestions for the best spinach dip:
- Serve in a bread bowl with tortilla or corn chips.
- Besides chips, use your favorite dippers like carrots, celery, broccoli, and even cucumber.
- Feel free to use crackers or another kind of chip or crunchy good food you like.
- This dip would be a fantastic accompaniment to our pull apart Christmas tree.
- This also goes great as part of a charcuterie board.
- Sprinkle some parmesan or Romano cheese on top before serving.
- Try our spicy buffalo wings recipe to go with this for game day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is spinach dip healthy?
Spinach is one of the best foods you can eat. Although not all spinach dips are healthy, you can make any recipe more nutritious by just changing a few ingredients.
That is the joy of making your own from scratch. You can make it as healthy (or less nutritious) as you like.
Our recipe can be made healthier by using reduced fat sour cream or Greek yogurt and using light mayonnaise. But even without any changes, this is a good source of protein and calcium.
Can you freeze this dip?
You can store your classic Knorr spinach dip in the freezer for up to two months. Be sure to put it into a freezer bag or an airtight container before freezing.
Also, let it thaw in the refrigerator and stir thoroughly before serving.
Why is my dip runny?
One of the most common reasons for runny dip is that you did not get all the excess water out of the spinach after rinsing it.
You should always use paper towels to soak up the excess moisture before using it. Go ahead and add some Greek yogurt or cream cheese to thicken it up.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: You can store leftover spinach dip in the refrigerator for up to three days. Make sure you put it in an airtight container or mason jar.
- Freeze: If you want to freeze your leftovers, put them in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. It will last for up to 60 days.
- Thaw: Thaw overnight in the fridge and stir well before serving for best results.
- Make this ahead of time and chill overnight for best results.
- If you are using frozen spinach, use one pound of fresh spinach for every 10 ounces of frozen. Cook it and then squeeze it dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Be sure to chop the chestnuts into small pieces.
- You can add a package of cream cheese to thicken up your dip.
- Alternatively, if your dip is too thick, add a bit of olive oil.
- Do not use hot spinach for this recipe. Wait until it cools before adding it to your dip.
Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe
- 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts (drained and chopped)
- 2 scallions (thinly diced)
- 1.4 ounce packet Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach (cooked)
- Bread bowl
- Fresh vegetables (for serving)
- Cook the spinach per package directions and drain well of any excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, scallions, and Knorr mix. Stir until well combined.
- After that, stir in the chopped cooked spinach, and distribute evenly.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve in a bread bowl and fresh vegetables.