Instant Pot Apple Bread Recipe [Video]
Last updated on April 3rd, 2022 at 05:56 pm
Instant Pot Apple Bread is totally loaded with fresh apples, crunchy walnuts, warm spices, topped with a buttery and sweet glaze. Although many people consider this bread recipe to be an autumn or Thanksgiving classic, it is delicious all year long!
If you don’t have an instant pot or you loaned it to a friend, try this classic Apple Bread recipe instead. It is just as delicious with the same ingredients. You just use the oven instead of the pressure cooker. But don’t stop there! Try these sweet and tender Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples to serve on the side.
Instant Pot Cake Recipe
Also known as the instant pot apple cake recipe, this delish dish is excellent no matter what you call it. The tart and sweet apples blended with cinnamon and nutmeg and dotted with crunchy walnuts makes this a favorite with the family or just for yourself.
The apple cinnamon combination is a delicious way to enjoy your favorite apple desserts. This sweet treat will quickly become one of your favorite recipes. Making it in the electric pressure cooker is a great way to make a delicious cake without worrying about the baking process.
Instant pot desserts are very easy to make, and also they turn out great, that’s to all the moisture during the cooking process just check our Instant Pot Banana Bread!
This easy recipe uses just a handful of ingredients besides apples and walnuts. To get the exact measurements and instructions, scroll down to the recipe card but these are the simple ingredients to get started:
- Apples: Chopped and peeled. You can use any kind of apple you like but the firm ones like Granny Smith apples, pink lady apples and Gala are best.
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed or store-bought.
- Coconut oil: As an alternative, you can use canola oil or even olive oil.
- Butter: Softened and unsalted.
- Brown sugar: Dark brown, packed.
- Sugar: Granulated white sugar.
- Eggs: Large, at room temperature.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract gives it the best flavor.
- Sour cream: Use full fat or fat-free.
- Flour: All-purpose or cake flour.
- Baking powder and soda: You need both for this recipe.
- Salt: We use kosher salt, but you can use what you like.
- Spices: Cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Walnuts: Chopped.
How to make an instant pot apple bread recipe?
- Prepare pan: First, spray a 7×3-inch springform pan or bundt pan with cooking spray and set it to the side.
- Mix: Next, use a large bowl to combine the lemon juice with the juicy apples.
- Sauté: After, turn your instant pot to sauté and melt the coconut oil before adding the apples and brown sugar. Sauté until the fruits are tender but not soft.
- Beat: Using a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and granulated sugar. Beat it on medium-high until fluffy and light in color.
- Add eggs: Next, add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.
- Beat: Then, add the sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine: Following, toss in the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices and mix until the bread mixture is just combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Fold: Gently, fold in the apple pieces and the walnuts.
- Spoon: Immediately use a large spoon to add the batter to the pan, making sure it is leveled before covering it with aluminum foil.
- Water: Meanwhile, pour 1.5 cups of water into the pot.
- Trivet: Next, put your pan on top of the trivet (with handles) and lower it into the pot, locking the lid and setting it to SEAL. Also, you can make a foil sling to lower the pan.
- Set: Then, using the pressure settings set it to high pressure for 55 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release: Afterward, let the release pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Quick pressure Release: Using a quick release let out the remaining pressure.
- Remove: Last, take the cake out and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring it to a cake platter or plate and let it cool.
- Glaze: Finally, make a glaze from one cup of powdered sugar, one tablespoon of milk, and ¼-teaspoon of vanilla extract. After that, pour mixture on top of the cake.
- Add other fruit: Remember, you could add other fruit like cranberries, pears, raisins, strawberries, or cherries to this simple recipe.
- Or go with veggies: Rather than more fruit, try loading it up with shredded zucchini or carrots.
- Go nuts: Alternatively, use cinnamon chips, peanut butter chips, or chocolate chips instead of walnuts.
- Cinnamon sugar layer: First, add half of the cake batter to the pan, after that sprinkle a layer of cinnamon sugar and add the remaining batter.
- Other spices: Try adding other spices like cardamom, anise, saffron, or all-spice.
- Maple syrup: As an option, add one tablespoon of maple syrup to the glaze.
How to serve:
Serving this sweet bread is easy because you used a springform pan so all you have to do is remove the ring and slice to serve. Here are some other tasty ideas:
- Make it a caramel apple bread by adding warm caramel sauce to the top before serving.
- Alternatively, use this keto caramel sauce to shave off some carbs.
- Additionally, a dollop of homemade whipped cream is perfect for this.
- Add shredded apples to the top of the bread for a moist and sweet topping.
- Another option is to make a salted caramel icing by mixing two tablespoons of salted caramel into the simple glaze.
- Use the leftovers from the instant pot apple cinnamon make to make bread pudding!
Frequently asked questions
What can I use instead of a springform pan?
A springform pan is just a cake pan that comes in two sections: the base and the removable ring around the sides. With the ring in place, it is just like a regular pan. But after it cools, you can remove the ring and you have a cake (or bread) on a platter, so it is easier to frost, cut, and serve. But not everyone has a springform pan.
If you do not have a springform pan, use parchment paper or line your pan with foil to lift it right out of the pan. Or just use a regular cake pan and serve it straight from the pan. You could also use a silicone cake pan. A disposable foil pan is also a great substitute. Just cut away the edges after it cools.
Is an instant pot the same as a pressure cooker?
An instant pot is like an updated modern pressure cooker that is less dangerous and easier to use. The pressure cooker is more of a hands-on device you use on the stove that you have to work manually. An instant pot is more of a set it and forget it a device with a simple push-button style cooking.
Not only is the instant pot easier and safer, but it also does a lot more than a pressure cooker. For example, you can use it as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté mode, canning, baking, sterilizing, sous vide, and just for keeping food warm.
And the digital pots have a button for each of these so all you have to do is press a button and that’s all. Pressure cooking is fine, but you can do more with an instant pot.
What does the cake setting on an instant pot do?
Although some instant pots do not have a cake setting, many of them do and you will be glad to have one. However, depending on the size of the pot, the settings may be different so the cake setting may do something different in your instant pot than it does in mine. Unless we use the same one!
Anyway, the cake setting presets the cooking time, temperature, heat intensity, and cooking pressure. Most pots are set to use high pressure for different lengths of time.
For example, the normal setting will cook for 40 minutes for a light moist cake. The More setting cooks for 50 minutes for a dense moist cake. And the Less setting cooks for 25 minutes for a NY-style cheesecake.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: You can store instant pot apple bread in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Freeze: For freezing, make sure the bread is cool and wrap it in plastic wrap before putting it in a freezer bag. It is good to store it separated for easier serving.
- Thaw: Before serving, let the bread thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Reheat: Reheat the bread in the instant pot, microwave, or oven.
More Apple Recipes:
- If you don’t have a trivet with handles, make a foil sling or handles from aluminum foil.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately and do not overmix.
- Also, using parchment paper makes the bread come out easily.
- Equally important, it to let the bread cool before glazing so the glaze stays on top where it belongs.
- Use the toothpick test to check for doneness before removing it from the pot.
Instant Pot Apple Bread
- 1 1/2 cup chopped apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped - optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a 7x3-inch push-pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the chopped apples with lemon juice.
- Click on saute, melt the coconut oil, add the apples, and brown sugar, saute until just tender, but not too soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer beat butter and granulated sugar until light and combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix JUST until combined, do NOT over mix.
- Next, fold in the apple mixture, and walnuts.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan, and level the top with a spatula. Cover with foil.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the bottom of the inner pot.
- Place the pan on a trivet with handles or make a foil sling and lower it into the inner pot.
- Lock the lid and make sure the valve is set to SEALING.
- Cook on High Pressure for 45 minutes. Next, allow pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes and release the remaining pressure manually.
- Open the lid and carefully remove the pan. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes, after that transfer it to a platter to cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl and drizzle on top of the cooled cake.
- Add a simple glaze on top when cooled.
- Slice and serve.
CommentsLeave a reply