This is the best Banana Bread recipe that is buttery, soft, and super delicious. It requires a few ripe bananas to get the PERFECT texture and a homemade look to it. Once you try it, it will become your favorite slice of bread to go with your morning tea or coffee.
This is is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes to make. We’ve been making it over many years and has never disappointed. Other great breakfast-on-the-go recipes are Fudgy Chocolate Zucchini Bread, Ube Muffins, Coffee Cake.
Banana Bread made at home is such an amazing and easy dessert to make. It is far better than anything store-bought, and is always buttery, fluffy, soft, and smells amazing when baking. Every bite is pure joy, and it is the first dish to disappear because it is so GOOD!
The beauty of this recipe is that it takes about 10 minutes to whisk and put together. Then bake it for about an hour, and while waiting for your house fills with tempting aromas. Also, you don’t need a mixture to prepare. All is required is a fork to whisk the eggs and a sturdy spoon for mixing.
Similarly, you can play with how sweet you want it, and adjust the sugar accordingly. For even more flavors, you can toss in a cup of chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips. Once baked, you will end up with the BEST slice of warm, fresh-baked banana bread.
How to make moist banana bread?
- Use ripe bananas – the secret to making it moist and tender starts with ripe bananas. You want to use ripe bananas with dark brown peel or black spots. These are soft and full of naturally occurring sugars. However, don’t let them get extra ripe that they’re seeping liquid though.
- Use a fork for mixing – It is important not to overmix it. Therefore, try mashing the bananas well with a fork. You might end up with a few lumps this is totally fine. The batter should be thick and lumpy once all the ingredients are combined, which is exactly what you need.
- Do not add extra liquid – The batter might be thick and lumpy once mixed through, and you may be tempted to add more liquid, but you will not need it. The bread will be PERFECT just as it is once cooked.
How to Mash Bananas?
Start by peeling it, then break the spotty bananas into large pieces and place in a bowl. Using a fork, start pressing down on the bananas until they break down into and are mashed.
Other Variation of Banana Bread
We have plenty of other banana recipes that you could enjoy, some of our all-time favorites are:
- Chocolate Chips Bread
- Best Chocolate Banana Loaf
- Blueberry Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Bread
If you prefer to add some extra flavor to it, feel free to add some of the below ingredients:
- Chopped pecans
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts
- White chocolate chips
- Caramel bits
How long does Banana bread last?
How to Freeze Banana Bread?
First, let the bread fully cool, after that wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Next, either wrap it in foil or place it into freezer-safe bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight, before serving.
- It is important to use ripe bananas, don’t go for the black and mushy ones, but brown, soft bananas are perfect for this recipe.
- Measuring mashed bananas is equally important, as bananas come in different sizes.
- You can make the same recipe into banana bread muffins, bake them for about 25 minutes.
- In order to cook the sides and not burn the top, you can add a sheet of foil on top loosely during the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
- Store covered at room temperature for about 3 days.
- To refrigerate, let it fully cool first and after wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about a week.
Best Banana Bread
Best Banana Bread recipe that is buttery, soft, and super delicious. It requires a few ripe bananas to get the PERFECT texture and a homemade look to it.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes Total time: 1 hr