How to Make Banana Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is the best Banana Bread recipe that is buttery, soft, and super delicious. It requires a few ripe bananas to get the PERFECT texture and a homemade look to it. Once you try it, it will become your favorite slice of bread to go with your morning tea or coffee.
This is is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes to make. We’ve been making it over many years and has never disappointed. Other great breakfast on-the-go recipes are Fudgy Chocolate Zucchini Bread, Ube Muffins, Coffee Cake.
Banana Bread made at home is such an amazing and easy dessert to make. It is far better than anything store-bought, and is always buttery, fluffy, soft, and smells amazing when baking. Every bite is pure joy, and it is the first dish to disappear because it is so GOOD!
The beauty of this recipe is that it takes about 10 minutes to whisk and put together. Then bake it for about an hour, and while waiting for your house fills with tempting aromas. Also, you don’t need a mixture to prepare. All is required is a fork to whisk the eggs and a sturdy spoon for mixing.
Similarly, you can play with how sweet you want it, and adjust the sugar accordingly. For even more flavors, you can toss in a cup of chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips. Once baked, you will end up with the BEST slice of warm, fresh-baked banana bread.
How to make banana bread moist?
- Use ripe bananas – the secret to making it moist and tender starts with ripe bananas. You want to use ripe bananas with dark brown peel or black spots. These are soft and full of naturally occurring sugars. However, don’t let them get extra ripe that they’re seeping liquid though.
- Use a fork for mixing – It is important not to overmix it. Therefore, try mashing the bananas well with a fork. You might end up with a few lumps this is totally fine. The batter should be thick and lumpy once all the ingredients are combined, which is exactly what you need.
- Do not add extra liquid – The batter might be thick and lumpy once mixed through, and you may be tempted to add more liquid, but you will not need it. The bread will be PERFECT just as it is once cooked.
How to Mash Bananas?
Start by peeling it, then break the spotty bananas into large pieces and place in a bowl. Using a fork, start pressing down on the bananas until they break down into and are mashed.
Other Variation of Banana Bread
We have plenty of other banana recipes that you could enjoy, some of our all-time favorites are:
- Chocolate Chips Bread
- Best Chocolate Banana Loaf
- Blueberry Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
If you prefer to add some extra flavor to it, feel free to add some of the below ingredients:
- Chopped pecans
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts
- White chocolate chips
- Caramel bits
How long does Banana bread last?
How to Freeze Banana Bread?
First, let the bread fully cool, after that wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Next, either wrap it in foil or place it into freezer safe bags. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, before serving.
Best Banana Bread
This is the best Banana Bread recipe that is buttery, soft, and super delicious. It requires a few ripe bananas to get the PERFECT texture and a homemade look to it.
- 2-3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- loaf pan
- parchment paper
- Large bowl
- fork to mash
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter and line with parchment (baking) paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl mash the bananas well using a fork. Next, add the melted butter, stir to combine and add the egg, vanilla and sour cream to it. Whisk until fully combined.
Add the sugar and whisk to combine.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Using a spatula, stir until fully combined.
- Note: the batter should be thick, do not over mix
Pour the batter into prepared pan and put in the oven. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, after which remove from pan and allow to cool completely onto a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.