Cheeseburger Casserole is easy to make, filling, and delicious, loaded with cheddar cheese, beef, juicy tomatoes, and pasta. This is the perfect weeknight meal that also makes delicious leftovers.
Casserole recipes are a staple around here, they are easy to prepare and usually make enough leftovers so you don’t have to worry about cooking dinner the next day. My other favorites are Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole, White Pizza Casserole, and Chicken Hash-brown Casserole.
Best Cheeseburger Casserole
Loaded Cheeseburger Casserole s covered in delicious, melty cheese, and has the classic cheeseburger topping. It’s like a huge burger, made with less effort and without even turning on the grill.
This is a quick weeknight dish that your whole family will love. All you need is a side of crispy fries and you are good to go!
This casserole consists of layers of perfectly cooked pasta, cheese, some veggies, and juicy ground beef. This is such a filling, delicious, affordable, and easy dish to make, that will be a hit with your friends and family. It makes enough to serve a crowd or have leftovers.
Also, casseroles also freeze well, which means you can make a few ahead of time and freeze for busy times. When you are ready to serve, just pop it in the oven, and a stress-free homemade dinner is ready.
What do you need to make Cheeseburger Casserole:
- Beef: I used ground beef, but you can also make this recipe with ground lamb, chicken, turkey or even pork.
- Veggies: to add extra flavor and texture I added onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes.
- Seasoning: A combination of dried herbs, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste is used to make the sauce extra tasty.
- Pasta: I used rotini, but large shell pasta and elbow macaroni are great choices as well.
- Cheese: Cheddar cheese is great in this recipe. Other delicious choices are mozzarella and Pepper Jack cheese.
How do you make Cheeseburger Casserole:
This easy recipe requires a few simple steps described below. Also, watch the recipe video attached and see how easy this dish is!
- Brown the Beef: Start by browning the beef in a large skillet.
- Cook the Pasta: In the meantime, to save time, cook the pasta per package directions.
- Add the Veggies: Next, add the veggies and also the seasonings to the beef and cook until bell pepper is tender. Bring mixture to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce the liquid content.
- Combine: Combine the beef mixture with the cooked pasta and transfer the mixture to the baking dish. Then, add cheese on top.
- Bake: Bake the casserole. Once cooked, top with chopped tomatoes and lettuce. Serve immediately.
Can you use other meats to make this casserole?
Absolutely! You can substitute beef with chicken, turkey, or pork. The cooking time might vary as well based on each meat type.
POSSIBLE ADD-INS FOR CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE:
You can add more ingredients according to your liking. Here are some suggestions:
- more veggies: mushrooms, green beans, or even sweet peas.
- chopped bacon, for a bacon cheeseburger casserole.
- feel free to add chopped sausage is another great addition for the meat lover.
- more cheese, even a combination of a few types of cheese.
- Make it in advance: Prepare everything and assemble the casserole, but instead of baking it, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil and freeze it. Just bake it when needed. You can keep it frozen for 3 months.
- Freeze Leftovers: Transfer leftovers into single-portion freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 to 4 months. You can bake them again at the same temperature you initially cooked them at.
- Refrigerate: Aside from the freezing, feel free to simply refrigerate it for up to 4 days.
More easy casserole recipes:
- Loaded Sweet Potato Casserole
- Hash Brown Chicken Jalapeno Casserole
- The Ultimate Tater Tot Casserole
- Crockpot Green Bean Recipe
- Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
- Use quality beef. When cooking casserole I tend to use grass-fed organic beef, it provides the best flavor.
- Also, if you prefer the casserole spicy add jalapenos, or add some hot sauce into the mixture.
- This meal is loaded with cheese, so don’t skip it! It’s what makes it so creamy and comforting.
- In addition, feel free to use Mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese or sharp cheddar. Also, spicy Pepper Jack cheese would be a great substitute.
- For a gluten-free version of this recipe, make sure you use gluten-free pasta.
Loaded Cheeseburger Casserole
Cheeseburger Casserole is easy to make, filling and delicious, loaded with cheddar cheese, beef, juicy tomatoes, and pasta.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 1 hr