Bacon Wrapped Chicken is deliciously crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Wrapped in bacon and finished with a brown sugar glaze. It is the perfect family dinner ready in about 45 minutes.
Homemade Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken is one of those dishes that require little preparation but delivers an amazingly flavorful meal. This is our go-to recipe when it comes to family dinners. We love it so much, that we make it a few times a month.
We use chicken breasts and if you want, you can stuff them with cheese and spices, before wrapping them in bacon and brown sugar, and bake it to perfection. The combination of bacon and brown sugar is to die for.
The meat is super moist on the inside, yet crunchy on the outside. Though it looks like a fancy, restaurant-quality dish, it is surprisingly easy to prepare. Because of that, this dish is one of our favorite dinner meals.
In addition, this recipe makes for a nice potluck or party dish. Just wrap it up, and then easily transport it. Similarly, you can make a larger batch and store it for later, as leftover is delicious and easily re-heatable.
how to cook chicken wrapped in bacon?
Below are the easy steps to follow to make this juicy and tender dish. Also, I have attached the step-by-step recipe video above. Please feel free to watch it.
- Ensure you cut the breast evenly, so they are the same size. This is important to have a uniform cooking process.
- Next comes the seasoning. You can season the meat with your favorite ingredients. We love adding some brown sugar to the mixture, as it gives a nice savory taste to it.
- After, wrap the meat with bacon. You’ll want to avoid using thick-cut bacon here, as it will take much longer to cook. You can sprinkle the top with some additional brown sugar mixture. It will give the meat a nice color.
- Lastly, bake till a perfectly crisp and golden brown color. We love to make it extra crispy, so we tend to broil it at the end for about 1-2 minutes. But this is totally up to you.
- As you can see, this is a super easy dinner to put together, and very delicious!
how long to cook chicken wrapped in bacon?
Chicken does not require a lot of cooking time. For this recipe, we cook it at 375°F for about 30 min, plus an additional 2 minutes for broiling. After 30 minutes mark, once you see that the bacon has a nice golden color, it means it is done.
how to grill bacon wrapped chicken?
Follow the recipe instruction up to the point of baking. Prior to grilling the meat, ensure your grill is hot and ready. Then, place the bacon-wrapped meat on the grill and grill for about 7-8 minutes on each side. The bacon should be crisp when done.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN CHICKEN IS DONE?
The safest way to check is by using a meat thermometer. Simply, stick the thermometer through the middle of the chicken. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 75 degrees Celsius.
What goes with Bacon Wrapped Chicken?
Some of our favorite side dishes that go well with it are:
How to store it?
Before storing it, make sure it is completely cooled. Then, transfer it to an airtight container, and place it in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat prior to serving.
- Though we used breast meat in this recipe, you can use other chicken parts. For example, you can use drumsticks or thighs and nicely wrap them with bacon.
- Also, if you decide to stuff the chicken, use your favorite cheese for stuffing. Mozzarella or cheddar cheese works really nice.
- You can also use veggies to stuff the breasts. Some nice addition would be broccoli florets, bell peppers, spinach, asparagus, or olives. Just use whatever you prefer.
- Similarly, if you are not a bacon fan, skip it. The cooking time will be the same.
Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless (skinless)
- 8-12 slices bacon (do not use thick cut)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the GLAZE ingredients.
- Rub HALF of the glaze mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Wrap each breast in 2-3 slices of bacon. Place the chicken breasts, seam side down in a baking pan.
- Top with the remaining glaze mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked through, basting the meat occasionally with the pan drippings.
- If you prefer extra crispy bacon, broil for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.