Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks are sweet and spicy and full of flavor, crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks will blow your mind and taste buds! These little guys are a keeper, once you try this recipe you will go back to it over and over again. The Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks combine everything that is good in this world, a dash of spiciness that is met with a caramelized taste of brown sugar on top of crispy, perfectly cooked bacon. WOW!
Now this is such an easy an amazing dinner, and also should I say on a budget? Truly, juts a few ingredients will make you fell in love with this amazing recipe. Now, you can also use the same recipe on chicken tights or even chicken breasts, I have tried both with great success. I can tell you one thing, these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks are pure perfection! Spicy, sweet, crispy and BACON should I say more, bacon and brown sugar were meant to be paired, they taste divine when combined!
Tips to perfect Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks Recipe:
- Use room temperature bacon – this is an important one, please don’t skip it, when you try to roll cold bacon, it just doesn’t mold that well as the fat is all cold.
- Don’t save calories on bacon – ok let’s make this one clear, first bacon is amazing, second a few slices of bacon won’t kill you and since bacon is the star of the dish, please use two slices per drumstick to cover it entirely.
- Don’t skip the spices – while bacon and sugar taste great together, having the extra spices will add a ton more of flavor, if you don’t want them too spicy, just add less chili powder.
- Cook them to crispy perfection – if you want the drumsticks extra crispy, turn on the broiler for 3 minutes at the end of baking.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make the Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks Recipe:
- Broiler Rack – this one is great as it will keep away all the dripping fat from the bacon and you will get perfectly crispy chicken drumsticks all the way.
- Chili Powder – a great way to add some extra heat to any dish, I like to use the powder in different rubs as well.
- Brown Sugar – you can use light or dark brown sugar in this recipe, both will work great.
- Garlic Powder – you should have this one on hand all the time, it can be added to a boatload of dishes and it’s perfect to create flavorful meat rubs.
Looking for more Chicken Recipes? Check these out:
- Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken
- Baked Mongolian Chicken
- Cranberry Orange Chicken
- One Pan Italian Chicken
- One Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken
Now, get some Honey Mustard and dip those delicious drumsticks into it! It is an addicting combo!
- 14 chicken drumsticks
- 2 lbs sliced bacon, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place a broiler rack on top of a pan and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine: chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Add the brown sugar to another medium bowl, set aside.
- Ensure that the chicken drumsticks are dry, if needed pat dry with paper towels.
- Piece by piece, roll the chicken drumsticks thru the chili powder mixture and place on a cutting board or flat dish.
- Roll two pieces of bacon around the chicken drumstick one by one and secure with a toothpick.
- Roll the bacon wrapped chicken drumstick thru the brown sugar until well covered, shake any excess and place on the prepared broiler rack. Repeat with the remaining chicken drumsticks.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.
- If you prefer the bacon to be crispier, place under broiler for 2-3 minutes at the end of baking, but first check the bacon texture, to make sure you won't burn it.
- Serve with honey mustard for dipping.
Bacon makes everything better!