Last updated on August 10th, 2023 at 08:34 amJump to Recipe
Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars Copycat [Video]
Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars are bursting with tart cranberries and orange zest with a creamy sweet white chocolate topping. This is one Starbucks recipe copycat your family will be asking for again and again.
For an easier recipe that still tastes great, try our recipe for Cranberry Bars with frozen cranberries and cinnamon. Another tangy fruit dessert your family will love is this Blackberry Cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream.
We all seem to do a lot of baking during the holiday season. If your family loved your cranberry bars last year, they will absolutely love these Starbucks cranberry bliss bars copycat recipe this year.
The unique flavor of the berries and orange zest blended with white chocolate, ginger, and cinnamon come together to make one of the best holiday treats you have ever had.
For the precise measurements, scroll down to our handy printable recipe card. But here are the main ingredients you need for these white chocolate cranberry bars:
- Brown sugar: Light or dark are both fine for this.
- Melted butter: Cooled to room temperature.
- Large eggs: At room temperature.
- Spices: We used ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
- Baking powder: Not baking soda.
- White chocolate chips: Or chunks of white chocolate.
- All purpose flour: Alternatively, you could use your favorite gluten-free flour like almond flour.
- Craisins: Or another type of dried cranberries.
- Orange extract
- Vanilla extract
Topping and frosting:
- Cream cheese: Softened and at room temperature.
- Craisins: Chopped.
- Powdered sugar: Or confectioner’s sugar.
- White baking chocolate: Or almond bark.
- Orange extract
- Vanilla extract
How do you make Starbucks cranberry bliss bars?
- Preheat: To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Mix: Then, using an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Add in the eggs and extracts, beating well. Then add in the dry ingredients and blend but do not overmix.
- Add the chips: Next, fold the Craisins and chocolate chips in by hand and spread the blondie batter evenly onto the pan.
- Cook: Immediately, bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown on the edges. Cut into triangles and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Make the frosting: Finally, to make your topping, beat your powdered sugar and cream cheese with your electric mixer until it is smooth and fluffy before adding both the extracts and mix it well.
- Frost: Once the bars are cool, frost them and sprinkle chopped Craisins on top.
- Serve: Last, give them an extra drizzle of white chocolate (the best part) on top and serve immediately or chill for one hour first.
- Vegan: For a vegan dish, use vegan cream cheese.
- Less sugar: If you want less sugar, use coconut oil instead of butter.
- No palm oils: Similarly, you can use plant oils like sunflower or grapeseed instead of palm oils.
- Holiday spirit: Use food coloring to make the white chocolate red and green for a festive décor.
- Whole wheat flour: A healthier option is to use whole wheat flour.
- Gluten-free: If you want a gluten free recipe but also want whole grains, try buckwheat flour.
How to serve:
These Starbuck’s cranberry bliss bars are best served chilled so the frosting and toppings are set but you can also serve them right away. Try one of these interesting serving ideas:
- Add an extra tsp vanilla extract to the topping before serving for a boost of vanilla flavor.
- Try one of our other Starbucks copycat recipes with your bars. Our Starbucks pumpkin spice latte tastes great with this cranberry recipe.
- Make this a blondie cake by not cutting it before serving.
- Your family will enjoy these bars as dessert after our slow cooker turkey breast.
- Similarly, they are a delicious dessert to this pumpkin pot roast.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many calories are in a cranberry bliss bar from Starbucks?
These copycat Starbucks cranberry bliss bars have about 290 calories each with 140 calories from fat. In addition, they have 46% of your daily value of fat and 50% of your total daily value of carbohydrates.
But it is not all bad because you also get 3 grams of protein and 6% of your daily value of iron.
What is a cranberry bliss bar?
This delightful, sweet bar is a chewy blondie cookie bar or brownie with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips with a touch of orange zest.
The topping is a layer of cream cheese frosting, also with orange zest, with dried cranberries, and a drizzle of white chocolate on top.
Do these have to be refrigerated?
Although it is safe to leave them in an airtight container at room temperature for several days, it is a good idea to keep these bliss bars in the refrigerator to keep the frosting from melting. They will stay good for longer in the fridge.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: As stated above, you can keep these on the counter or in the fridge for about three days in an airtight container.
- Freeze: If you have a lot of leftovers, you can freeze them by separating them with parchment paper and putting them in a freezer-safe container. These will stay well frozen for up to three months.
- Thaw: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving for best results.
More cranberry recipes:
- The pan you use to bake these make a big difference. You can use a 10×15 jelly roll pan or 9×13 jelly roll pan or baking sheet with a rim. The larger pan will give you thinner bars.
- Be sure to line your baking pan with parchment paper for easier removal.
- To make drizzling the chocolate easier, dip a fork in and shake it to make streaks.
- These are best if you refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
- To save time, use prepared sweet cream cheese icing instead of making your own.
- Use orange oil or orange juice concentrate if you do not have orange zest or extract.
Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars Copycat
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup craisins
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup craisins roughly chopped
- 4 ounces baking white chocolate melted
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13x9 inch jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add in eggs, orange extract, vanilla extract and beat until mixed well.
- Add in ground ginger, cinnamon, orange zest, baking powder, salt, and flour, beating until just blended. Don't overmix.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and craisins using a spatula.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until set and golden brown at the edges. Don't overbake.
- Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely before adding the topping.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the orange extract and vanilla extract and mix.
- Top cooled bars with the frosting and sprinkle chopped Craisins on top.
- Drizzle everything with white chocolate using a fork.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for at least one hour before cutting.
- Cut into triangles and serve.
Enjoy weekly hand picked recipes and recommendations