Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup is rich, creamy, and loaded with mushroom flavor. It is perfectly cooked in the pressure cooker in a fraction of the time.
Easy Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup
Pressure Cooker Cream of Mushroom Soup is the ultimate comfort food. This is our go-to soup when we crave something creamy and very flavorful. Made with cream, then mixed with mushrooms and cornstarch, this dish is guaranteed to impress everyone.
It is a well known and popular dish in the United States, and it quickly became our beloved dish. Making it at home and in the Instant Pot is surely helpful, healthier, and also a time-saver. Unlike the conventional stovetop method, you only need 10 minutes to cook it under pressure, plus the natural release time.
Also, making it at home will ensure you use the best products, with fresh ingredients. Unlike the canned version of this soup, you will also use way less sodium, and tons of mushrooms, on top of being way cheaper.
It is the perfect meal to enjoy during busy weekdays, colder weather, or holidays. We love it because it is very creamy, rich and savory. In addition, it can be enjoyed as a starter or main dish. Simply, pair it with crusty bread or baguette, and then top with some cheese or greens for an additional boost of flavor.
What mushrooms to use for Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup?
You can use any kind you like or have available. However, for enhanced flavor, we recommend going with cremini, shiitake, or porcini mushrooms. Also, you could use fresh or dried type. They are great in this recipe as they have a deep and rich texture. When combined with cream, they really stand out.
In addition, they are pretty healthy and have plenty of vitamins and nutrients. For example, these mushrooms have a good source of vitamin D.
What goes with the Pressure Cooker of Mushroom Soup?
This dish is very versatile and can be enjoyed as an appetizer, main dish, or it can be paired with other meals. Some of our favorite way to mix it is with:
Should Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup be served hot?
We enjoyed serving it warm. However, serving it chilled is also an option. It tastes great either way. During the winter months, we prefer to serve it warm or hot, and when it comes to spring or summertime, we like to serve it cold.
How long will it last in the fridge?
Before storing, let it cool completely. Then, transfer the soup to an airtight container and ensure is properly sealed. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup?
Yes. This dish can be easily frozen. Simply allow it to cool completely. Then, transfer the dish to an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bags, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Allow it to thaw overnight prior to serving. Also, you can reheat it in the microwave or stovetop for a few minutes. To prevent the soup from curdling, stir well when reheating it.
More pressure cooker soups:
- IP Cabbage Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Ham and Potato Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Pressure Cooker Lasagna Soup
- If you are not a fan of cream, you could substitute it with evaporated milk or regular milk (either full fat or 2% are fine).
- For a spicier version, add some sliced jalapeno or red chili pepper flakes to the mix.
- Also, you can top it with some shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese.
- Chicken broth can be substituted with vegetable broth for a vegetarian version.
- Adding some herbs such as thyme will give the soup a nice aroma and flavor.
- For a double batch, simply double the ingredients. You may consider using an 8-qt pressure cooker in that case.
- For a more deep umami flavor, you can add a bit of rice vinegar, to taste, at the end of the cooking process.
- Similarly, a bit of sherry can be added at the end for some extra taste and flavor.
- In addition, use freshly minced garlic as the canned version will not taste the same.
- To keep this recipe gluten-free and to avoid the extra step of creating a roux, we use a mix of cornstarch and cream to thicken it.
- Keep in mind, that if you are looking for an even thicker, creamier texture, you can add a bit more of the cornstarch slurry. Simply mix two tablespoons of water with one of cornstarch until fully dissolve and add to the chowder. Repeat as needed and keep in mind that it will thicken more as it cools.
Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup
Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup is rich, creamy and loaded with mushroom flavor. It is perfectly cooked in the pressure cooker in a fraction of the time.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 mins
After Pressure Cooking: