Carrot Zucchini Bread is moist, dense, and highly nutritious! If you are trying to introduce veggies to kids, then, serving this is a subtle way to do it! Watch the bonus video tutorial below and see how delicious this is!
Carrot Zucchini Bread Recipe
Carrot Zucchini Bread is like a combination of our two favorite veggies in a delicious dessert! You have seen our version of the carrot cake and zucchini bread that we love. Now it’s time to introduce a dessert that can be enjoyed as a snack or even for breakfast.
We love everything about these two vegetables, and what else is there left to do but to combine them in one great recipe!
You can still see specks and strips of the veggies in it and that adds up to the appeal of this dessert.
The flavors are amazing together, and the combination is refreshing. The walnuts also add a nice crunch.
I also like the lemon glaze on top and the raisins in each bite! Both add a nice sour balance to all that sweetness.
What does Carrot Zucchini Bread taste like?
It tastes like cake, to be honest. It is that moist and kind of dense but not really – still has lightness and fluffiness to it.
The sweetness is just right, and it is nicely balanced by all the flavors of the spices and the lemon glaze.
This does not taste like there are veggies in it. The veggies just give a hint of their flavors, but that is so subtle that even picky eaters will devour it in a heartbeat.
How do you make Carrot Zucchini Bread?
- Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, grease and flour the baking pans.
- Make the batter: Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate large bowl, mix the wet ingredients and white sugar until fully incorporated. Slowly while mixing continuously, add the dry ingredients to the wet ones.
- Add the veggies: Add in the grated zucchini and carrots along with the nuts and raisins.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the pans, and bake for roughly an hour.
- Cool: Once cooked, remove from the pan and let it cool to a manageable temperature. You can also chill this to serve cold.
- Make the glaze: In a bowl, whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar. Mix until smooth and thick enough and not runny. Spread on top of the bread.
- Serve: Once the glaze has settled, you can then slice and serve. You can serve it warm or cold, both ways are good.
How do you know when Carrot Zucchini Bread is done?
Make sure to check for doneness by using a toothpick or a tester. Insert it and there must be only a few crumbs left on it when you take it out.
If surface cooks faster than the inside, it is better to cover the whole thing with a foil to prevent it from burning.
How to Store:
- Room temperature: It keeps well at room temperature for up to 2 days. Simply cover it.
- Freezer: It also keeps well in the freezer for up to 6 months. Allow it to cool completely and wrap it tightly with layers of plastic and another layer of foil. When ready to serve, just thaw it in the fridge.
- For the ratio of ingredients given, you can bake this in a large 9×5 pans or two 8×4 inch pans.
- You can add banana or apple into this recipe for more flavor.
- If the center sinks, then, the bread must be too moist. To prevent this, squeeze out water from the zucchini. Another culprit is the baking powder or baking soda. If they are too old, probably more than 6 months, then, they may have lost effectiveness.
Carrot Zucchini Bread
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hr 20 mins
Nutrition informationCalories: 326 Carbohydrates: 67 Protein: 6 Fat: 5 Saturated Fat: 2 Cholesterol: 49 Sodium: 378 Potassium: 342 Fiber: 4 Sugar: 34 Vitamin A: 2354 Vitamin C: 10 Calcium: 85 Iron: 3