Zucchini Banana Bread [VIDEO]
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Zucchini Banana Bread is incredibly tender and easy to make, with delicious hints of banana and vanilla flavor, and pretty zucchini specs through it. Check out the full recipe video below.
Easy Zucchini Banana Bread
When zucchini is in season, I just can’t contain myself, multiple zucchini recipes are rotating in my house. I love them grilled, spiraled and even in soup, but baking with zucchini is my favorite part. This Zucchini Banana Bread is so amazing, it’s so tender and soft that it basically melts in your mouth. Seriously, this dish just disappears once I put it on the counter. The bread is full of banana flavor, the crumb is so moist from the olive oil, mashed bananas, and zucchini, with just the slightest hint of lemon.
This Zucchini Banana Bread is such a tasty snack, breakfast or light dessert. It’s so good on the go, I love wrapping a few slices in plastic wrap and pack them for lunch. Everyone in my house loves it, it literally disappears from the kitchen, even my five-year-old boy can’t get enough. Try it for yourself and you will see what all the fuss is about! Also, this recipe is so easy to make, that basically there is no way to mess it up!
Looking for more sweet bread recipes? Check these out:
Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe Tips:
- Always measure the zucchini, I usually use 2 medium zucchini, but after you drain the water, measure two cups packed.
- Choose smaller zucchini, larger ones tend to be dry, tougher and have a bitter taste.
- You can also add chocolate chips to this sweet bread. I like using larger chocolate chips, as they add some chewiness!
- You can also add chopped walnuts or pecans, they would add a nice crunch.
- You can use canola oil, vegetable oil, olive oil or melted coconut oil.
- Bananas must be brown, very ripe, and easy to mush. Obviously, don’t wait for the bananas to turn completely brown, that is overdoing it.
- Watch it closely after 45-50 minutes of baking, to make sure not to over bake it. I like to check on it at the 50-minute mark and if it still needs more baking, check on it every 5-7 minutes until done. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean. To avoid burnt edges, if the bread is still not done, but the top and edges are already golden brown, cover the bread with aluminum foil and continue baking. Make sure you check on it, to avoid over-baking.
- Serve the bread warm or room temperature, you can also warm up slices in the microwave and it tastes delicious with some butter.
- It can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for 2 days and up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Loaf Pan – huge fan of their products, always great quality!
Can You Freeze the Zucchini Banana Bread?
Yes, you can. Cool the bread completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before slicing. You can also freeze individual slices.
How do You Grate Zucchini for Bread?
- Don’t peel the zucchini, it melts into the bread, so peeling is just unnecessary.
- Wash the zucchini well under warm water, use a vegetable brush to remove dirt.
- Cut both ends off of the zucchini.
- Set a standup box grater on a plate or cutting board on the counter and shred the zucchini by continuously running it over the large holes of the grater.
Watch Recipe Video:
Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe
Zucchini Banana Bread is incredibly tender and easy to make, with delicious hints of banana and vanilla flavor, and pretty zucchini specs through it.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg optional
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas abut 2 bananas
- 2 cups grated zucchini drain of water
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter and some flour, set aside. You can also make two smaller loafs, for that grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using) until combined.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla extract and white sugar, until creamy and fully combined.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and mashed bananas, whisk with the mixer on medium-high speed until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, little by little and beat well until fully combined.
- Stir in the grated zucchini and chopped nuts or chocolate chips (if using) until well combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean if using a larger pan and 40-60 minutes if using two smaller pans. If the edges and top brown before the center is settled, cover the bread with aluminum foil and continue baking. Make sure you check on the bread to avoid burning.
- Cool in pan on rack for about 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, and completely cool before storing or freezing.
- The bread can be served warm or cold.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.
Pin This Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe to your Favorite Board