Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 04:56 pm
Chocolate Coffee Bread is the best coffee bread you will ever have! Incredibly tender, moist and flavorful, loaded with chocolate chips and topped with melted chocolate.
Chocolate Coffee Bread Recipe
Coffee and chocolate are a match made in heaven, how perfect is it to have both together! This Chocolate Coffee Bread is super moist, tender and chocolaty and loaded with deep chocolate chips and delicious flavor. I used a mix of all purpose flour and coconut flour to achieve the most tender and divine crumb.
This dessert is super to make with a few ingredients which you probably already have available in your kitchen. Also, you can adjust the flavor by using more or less of the ingredients you like. Similarly, you could add some almonds or shredded pecans to it. Whichever way you go, this delicious dessert is guaranteed to make you want more!
Pin This Chocolate Coffee Bread Recipe to your Favorite Board
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Coffee Bread:
- It is rich and chocolaty this is a show stopper dessert.
- If you love coffee this dessert is a great reflection of that.
- It can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about the last-minute dessert.
- Use quality chocolate – since it is the main ingredients here, make sure you use quality chocolate.
- In addition, go with larger chocolate chips, as they don’t fully melt when baked and are amazing when you bite into them!
- You can control the sweetness level by using semisweet or bittersweet chocolate in this recipe
- Also, if you want to add some crunchiness to it, add some crushed almonds, or pecans to the mix.
How Long Will Chocolate Coffee Bread Stay Fresh?
It can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 4-5 days. After a few days, you could heat it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds. It will make it moister and also taste fresher.
Can You Store and Freeze This Chocolate Coffee Bread?
Absolutely! Cool the cake completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Defrost before slicing.
Looking for more tasty desserts? Check these out:
Chocolate Coffee Bread
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup strong hot coffee
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 3 coffee beans (grated)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a bread/loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or coat it with butter and flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa with sour cream and hot coffee until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine both flours with baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together eggs and sugars until light and fluffy, add the butter, vanilla extract and whisk together on medium speed until very light and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the cooled cocoa mixture, ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, rotating halfway through the process, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let the bread cool into the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Bring a medium saucepan half filled with water to a boil. Place chocolate in a medium bowl set over the saucepan of simmering water, let it melt, stirring just a few times. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the boiling water, to avoid overheating. Remove bowl from heat and pour the chocolate over the bread, top with chocolate chips and grated coffee beans.
- Let it stand for 15-20 minutes before serving for the chocolate to settle.