Keto Arugula Salmon Roll is a low-carb dish that is fresh and filling. You can easily make this from scratch and enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or in between!
I love pinwheels like this! They are easy to make, and they make fun swirls that look so appetizing. I have this dish in the lunchbox today because they are so yummy! Want more lunchbox ideas? Head on to my recipes for Creamy Beef and Shells, Tuscan Chicken Pinwheels, and Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells!
Low Carb Arugula Salmon Roll
Keto Arugula Salmon Roll takes just a few minutes to prepare. The only time that you’d have to exercise patience is when you refrigerate it to set for 60 minutes. After that, enjoy your meal right away.
If you are trying to limit your sugar intake and carbohydrates in general, this recipe is perfect for you. It has protein-rich and fat-rich ingredients that will fit your diet.
And these ingredients will satiate you for longer. I love the burst of freshness that the veggies and the fish impart to this dish. Even if you are not strictly going keto, you will still enjoy this!
What goes into Keto Arugula Salmon Roll?
Prepare these fresh ingredients to make this dish:
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- cream cheese
- smoked salmon
How to make Keto Arugula Salmon Roll?
- Process: In a food processor, combine everything except for the fish and cream cheese. You may want to process the leaves and nuts first before adding the rest of the ingredients to even out the mixture.
- Bake: In a sheet pan, pour the fluid mixture into an even layer. Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Refrigerate: Allow the solid layer to cool down and top it with a layer of the cream cheese and another layer of the fish. Then, roll it up and secure it with the parchment paper. Refrigerate the whole thing until set.
- Serve: Unwrap it and slice into your desired thickness. Serve cold.
What else can you add to it?
This is a versatile dish that you can add whatever that you want, be it additional herbs, sauces, or other creamy components. Here is a guide as what you can add:
- fresh herbs and veggies: dill, chives, basil, baby spinach, romaine
- dairy: Greek yogurt, mascarpone, other cheeses
- others: horseradish, mustard, onions, lemon zest, lemon juice, peppers
Can you make it in advance?
Yes! Since this is best served cold, you can make it way in advance to keep it chilled. Up to 5 hours in advance, you can prepare this dish and keep it covered in the fridge.
More delicious keto recipes:
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Cake
- Italian Chicken Skewers
- Blackened Chicken
- Cauliflower Rice
- You may also choose to not include the arugula in the egg mixture. Instead, add the leaves as a layer.
- Change up the protein by using ham, prosciutto, turkey slices, or bacon if you like.
- In addition, feel free to add avocado slices to make it heartier! These are also rich in good fats that are perfect for your ketogenic diet.
- Aside from pine nuts, you may want to use sunflower seeds or sesame seeds.
- If you are not watching your carbs intake, you may want to use flour tortillas instead of using the egg wrap. Or, make a tortilla that is keto-friendly!
- Be gentle as you add salt because the fish may be salty enough.
- Also, if you want to make it more festive on the plate, cut the pieces diagonally. And serve them on a bed of arugula.
- Want more salmon recipes? Cook it teriyaki-style, grilled, or as patties!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 30 mins
- 4 oz arugula (fresh)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 16 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 12 oz smoked salmon (sliced)
- Add the arugula, pine nuts, and olive oil to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pause, season with salt, pepper, and add the eggs and Parmesan cheese, blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large sheet pan covered with parchment paper, and bake at 350 F° for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool, and then spread some cream cheese over it and add the slices of smoked salmon.
- Roll it up and refrigerate for about 60 minutes. Slice it and serve cold!