Best Stuffed Mushrooms
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Stuffed Mushrooms with garlic, Parmesan, and cream cheese are the ultimate appetizer for any occasions. They are perfect bite-size appetizers, stuffed with rich and flavorful ingredients that everyone loves.
Appetizers are always great when you host a party or have a larger crowd to feed. Also, these stuffed mushrooms are ideal for the holiday season, as they are festive, easy to make, and delicious. Some of my other favorite appetizers for hosting are Spinach Artichoke Dip, Slow Cooker Kielbasa, and Shrimp Cakes.
Stuffed Mushrooms will quickly become your go-to appetizer. They are filled with mouthwatering flavors, and the best part is that they are ready in less than 30 minutes. The cream cheese, Parmesan and garlic make them very special, and I guarantee you will enjoy every bite of them. The breadcrumbs give them a nice crispy texture, while the cheese and butter melt in your mouth.
Another great bonus about them is that you can play and pick with your own ingredients. For example, you can use your favorite cheeses for stuffing, or add some bacon crumbs, or spinach. Whichever way you go, they will be a huge hit. This dish can be served as an appetizer or side dish. Also, they store well, and leftovers taste delicious.
What do you need to make Stuffed Mushrooms filling?
- mushroom stems
- green onions
- Parmesan cheese
- cream cheese
- Italian seasoning
How do you make Stuffed Mushrooms?
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray with some oil a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Clean the mushrooms, remove stems, and roughly chop stems. Place mushroom caps onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients together.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the prepared garlic stuffing.
- Place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the filling is golden-brown.
Follow Sweet and Savory Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What type of mushrooms should I use?
It is best to use baby Bella mushrooms as they have a perfect “bite-size”. Also, they taste delicious and are available year round, so they should be your main go to mushrooms for this recipe. Portobello mushrooms are also commonly used for stuffing, but due to their large size, I prefer to stick with baby mushrooms.
What can you stuff mushrooms with?
Mushrooms can be stuffed with lots of ingredients, some top ideas are listed below:
- For meat lovers, you can use ground pork, chicken or beef for stuffing.
- Similarly, you can use a variety of Italian sausages. Just remove the casings and chop the sausage before frying.
- Veggies such as spinach or asparagus. Especially if you combine them with butter and some cream cheese, it’s delicious.
- Various cheeses such as mozzarella, Parmesan, Gouda, or other cheese you might like.
Can I make Stuffed Mushrooms ahead of time?
Yes, it is very easy to prepare them ahead, and then bake before your guests arrive. The stuffing takes about 15 minutes to assemble together. Once you make the stuffing, fill the mushroom caps with it, cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. You can refrigerate up to 2 days in advance. When ready to serve, simply preheat the oven, and bake them for 20 minutes.
HOW LONG WILL STUFFED MUSHROOMS LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
If you want to refrigerate them, add them to an airtight container. Then, refrigerate it up to 3-4 days. Preferably, heat in the oven or microwave until warm, before serving.
Can Stuffed Mushrooms be frozen?
You can freeze them before or after cooking. In either case, arrange them in layers in a container with parchment paper or foil in between. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Stuffed Mushrooms with garlic, Parmesan, and cream cheese are the ultimate appetizer for any occasions. They are perfect bite size appetizers, stuffed with rich and flavorful ingredients that everyone loves.
- cooking spray for pan
- 1 1/2 lbs. baby Bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons green onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs plain
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan plus more for topping
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning dried herbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with some oil. Set aside.
Clean the mushrooms, remove stems, and roughly chop stems, add to a bowl. Place mushroom caps onto the prepared baking sheet.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl with the chopped stems, stir to fully combine together.
Fill each mushroom cap with the prepared stuffing.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the stuffing is golden-brown.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.
Pin This Best Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe to your Favorite Board