Peanut Butter Cheesecake [Video]
Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Reese’s cups is one of the best desserts you will ever make! Texture-wise, you get something creamy, chewy, and crunchy in one cake! Watch the recipe video tutorial below and see how easy and amazing this dessert is!
This dessert is so exciting to eat! You get different layers of awesomeness in one cool dessert! For more dessert ideas as pretty as this one, check out the recipes for Buckeye Brownie Cookies, Twix Cookies, and Oreo Nutella Cake!
Brownie Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
Peanut Butter Cheesecake is your ultimate peanut butter dessert! Taste it and you will enjoy the nutty flavor in every bite as I have incorporated it in every aspect from the base to the top.
The dense chocolate brownie layer pairs well with the softer filling but the toppings add crunchiness as well as the M&M’s incorporated in the cheesecake layer.
The ganache also has the main ingredient, so, everything in this dessert is nutty but not overly sweet. And that’s the best part of doing desserts at home. You get to control the sweetness and add more of your favorite ingredients. You get to decorate it, too!
How to make Peanut Butter Cheesecake?
- Make the crust: Prepare the pan by greasing the inside and covering the outside with foil. Then, prepare the brownie mix according to the packaging’s directions. Pour the mixture into the pan, lightly press on the peanut butter cups, and then, freeze the whole thing for an hour until set.
- Prepare the filling: Combine the cream cheese and peanut butter using a mixer and then, add in the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth. Then, add in the eggs slowly and mix just until incorporated. Do not overbeat or it may cause the final product to sink or crack. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Assemble: Pour half of the filling onto the brownie layer, top with a layer of peanut butter cups, then, cover with the remaining filling.
- Bake: Put the pan in a bigger one then, pour water around it to cover about half of its height. Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes, just until the center is still jiggly.
- Cool: Cooling must be done slowly. Do this by first turning off the oven and cracking the door slightly open. Once cooled, transfer it to the refrigerator to cool further for 5 to 6 hours. Then, release it from the pan and refrigerate further until ready to serve.
- Prepare the ganache: To make the ganache, mix the ingredients in a bowl and allow the cream to simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour the hot cream over the other ingredients in the bowl, then, whisk to melt the chocolate. Cool it to room temperature before using it as a topping. Afterward, let it sit for another hour to set.
- Prepare the whipped cream: In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients until fluffy and peaks form. Put it in a piping bag and refrigerate before using.
- Decorate: Use ganache, whipped cream, and the toppings to decorate before slicing and serving.
How to best bake a Cheesecake?
In this recipe, I use the water bath technique for it ensures that the resulting dessert is moist, and that cooking is even.
The water makes the sides cook faster than the middle, too. The steam that it creates during baking prevents cracking. Just make sure that there will be no leaks that the water may get into. Use a heavy-duty foil to cover the bottom of the pan.
Can you make it in advance?
Yes! It needs some time in the fridge to set and firm up. You can make it a few days ahead and simply put it in the fridge.
Cheesecakes freeze well, too, for up to 3 months. Simply remove it from the pan and wrap it tightly with plastic. Then, put it in a freezer bag. Do this before adding the toppings. Remember to thaw first before serving.
Other Cheesecake Recipes:
For more cheesecake flavor ideas, here are some suggestions that you can try:
- Make sure that the cream cheese is softened and at room temperature. This is to ensure that it will combine smoothly with the rest of the ingredients which should also be at room temperature.
- For the toppings, you can choose to add sprinkles, chocolate shavings, and cookie bits.
- To release it from the pan, use a hot knife to free up the sides. Heat the knife by putting it in hot water and then, wipe it dry with a towel before using it.
Brownie Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 19.9 oz box brownie mix and ingredients required on box
- 15 Peanut Butter Cups
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 12 ounces peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 15 Peanut Butter Cups
- 12 ounces milk chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 1/4 cup powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peanut M&M’s
- Peanut M&M’s chopped
- Chopped Peanuts
- Peanut butter cups
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Lightly coat a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cover the outside of the pan with foil.
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions on the box.
- Pour batter into springform pan.
- Press Peanut Butter cups lightly onto the surface of the brownie layer.
- Freeze for one hour, or until the layer is settled.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter for 1 minute. Add sugar, salt and flour, mix until completely combined and there are no lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just mixed through, do not to over-beat. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add sour cream, cream and vanilla extract and beat until mixed through.
- Pour HALF of the batter on top of the brownie layer in the prepared pan. Level the top with a spatula and arrange a layer of Peanut Butter Cups.
- Add the rest of the cheesecake batter. Level the top with a spatula.
- Set the springform pan in a large roasting pan, that is deep enough to add water to it. Pour HOT water into the roasting pan, about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Transfer the cheesecake to the preheated oven and bake it for 45-50 minutes. Or until the cheesecake is just slightly wobbly in the center, but puffy and settled on the sides.
- Turn off the oven and crack open the door. Cool cheesecake completely in the open oven.
- Once completely cooled remove from the oven and refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours.
- Run a butter knife around the edges to release it from the pan. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Add chopped chocolate, peanut butter and corn syrup to a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a rolling simmer. Pour the cream on top of the chocolate pieces and set aside for 1 minute. With a whisk, begin to incorporate the melted chocolate into the cream, whisking until smooth and glossy.
- Set aside, at room temperature, until needed.
- Pour ganache over cooled cheesecake. Set aside until ganache is set, about 1 hour.
- Add all ingredients to a cold bowl and whisk until fluffy.
- Add to a piping bag fitted with the star tip and pipe on the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish and serve.
Enjoy weekly hand picked recipes and recommendations